Did you guys ever become desperate about overcoming social phobia?

Klaus

I really can't stand this sh_it anymore. I'm just forcing myself to do everything I can.
Off course I'm suffering a lot. But I simply can't watch my life passing by this way. I'm getting old, not much money, no degree...

If it's hard now that I'm young imagine how hard it will to be an old social phobic? I just need to work hard for like 5 years straight and get a degree, and then buy an lsland at the caribbean and put electric barbed wires, infrared sensors all over the place and lock myself there, lol.

Did you guys ever become desperate about overcoming social phobia?

Klaus

I do get frustrated with myself and the feeling of claustrophobia when i do nothing. I feel like doing things totally out of the ordinary to feel alive you know?

I do feel sorry for old people like you said who live in homes, on their own.

Yeah! I quit university and my job. So I'm a little bit in panic at the moment. It's all my way of life that is at stake know. It's really a matter of life or death.
It's sad that I let things arrive at this point but social phobia is a very hard thing to overcome.

And I'm just forcing myself to do things, I've just jog at the beach for example.
I will try to leave my home in 30 minutes and walk by the city.

I simply can't have this disorder anymore. I DON'T WANT!

Klaus

I just spend almost 2 hours walking by the city. I'm simply destroyed...
Just want to lay down and stay this way for hours.

WHY THE F_UCK I FEAR PEOPLE SO MUCH? stupid me, need to change!!!

panicsurvivor

I hear you. I do not have SA. Ironic actually, you just went for a jog on the beach and walk by the city. These are things that I would have severe panic doing. But yeah I have been so desperate to be normal that I would scream at the wind, and want to die so bad that I couldn't breathe. Desperation can be a tool, but it can also hurt you if you are not careful. Try to put everything into perspective. You walked on the beach. I cannot do that without immense panic. Try to remember that. Think to yourself, "yeah my SA is bad, but at least I can walk out in the open air without anxiety, cause some people can't do that." I do that all the time with SA. LOL. Also remember you don't have to change everything all at once, move slowly. I know when I was really desperate I try to do too much at once and it was a bit overwhelming.
Good luck. I am sure you will do fine. Just relax a little, let a little calm mix with you desperation, and the two will combine to make determination which is better.:cool:

Klaus

I hear you. I do not have SA. Ironic actually, you just went for a jog on the beach and walk by the city. These are things that I would have severe panic doing. But yeah I have been so desperate to be normal that I would scream at the wind, and want to die so bad that I couldn't breathe. Desperation can be a tool, but it can also hurt you if you are not careful. Try to put everything into perspective. You walked on the beach. I cannot do that without immense panic. Try to remember that. Think to yourself, "yeah my SA is bad, but at least I can walk out in the open air without anxiety, cause some people can't do that." I do that all the time with SA. LOL. Also remember you don't have to change everything all at once, move slowly. I know when I was really desperate I try to do too much at once and it was a bit overwhelming.
Good luck. I am sure you will do fine. Just relax a little, let a little calm mix with you desperation, and the two will combine to make determination which is better.:cool:

yeah! thanks for that.

Klaus

Determination is really the key. I will keep forcing myself everyday and see what happen. Thanks again.

Not really. At this point I've come to terms with it. I never really hoped to live a happy fulfilled life like a normal, well-adjusted individual. I've also accepted the fact that I'll never find a boyfriend who I could love and not be terrified of being close with. I just try to appreciate what little interaction with people I have.

Last edited:

SonicMan

Yes I am very desperate to overcome this anxiety. I hate the idea of living alone and never meeting anyone but my anxiety makes it difficult to be who I want to be. I just want to chat and have fun with people so badly. But I won't be reckless, I will just keep trying every day to improve.

MollyBeGood

I figured when I jumped on the Paxil bandwagon I was desperate but I don't take it anymore because it made me a zombie.
I do force myself to do things as often as I can that challenge me to get out of my comfort zone, and usually I feel great after wards...but it's the initial shock of doing it that of coarse is difficult to handle.
My SA comes and goes at the weirdest times. it's very frustrating in that respect.

I am really desperate about overcoming SA, More than you could imagine, It hurts, it makes me feel different than other people, It's almost impossible to be in social situations (of course it's possible, but it's hard), and I have a hard time being around people, that I did become homebound. Now, I want to change it, 3 years wasting my time, because SA kicked in so badly. I beg to become a stronger person, and I'm so happy people believe in me, they know I've got the courage, and Now I know I can do it too. I'm finally ready to release everything and show my WIL power. I'm going to survive, going to fight all the tears I shed, I really want to change, and have a social loving life.