depression, work burnout,stress and anixty rant.. just need to get it out

Sammie_Kay

Hello everyone,
My name is Samantha and I am new here. Not really but I never post on here.
I have a lot of social anxiety and it cause a lot of my depression.
It also cause me to over work and lately it has cause me to have major work burn out.
I really need to talk to someone cause the people i chose to talk to have not helped me at all.
I really know I should call out of work and rest but its ways on me that If i call out then there isnt anyone who is going to do my job.
All my work that i have will go late and I will have a bigger problem the next day. I also know that my job is in retail and not that important. It wouldnt hurt anyone if I didn't show up but it would make my manager even more understaff then we already are and make her work more as well.
I know it is affection my work and I know that its proby time to find a new job. I am scared to find a new job since I have been with almost the same staff for close to 9 years now. I have switch different stores and worked at more then one place. so i know i can do it. I feel like I am trapped in a stressed out bad relationship but I stay causeI like my coworkers. I let my self doubt and feel control me ... I just wish i knew how to separate work feelings from normal feelings and not take it home with me. specially since there are so many people out there who have to deal with real life problems. All of this just makes me feel like a winy selfish person. well thanks for reading this or even commenting. If I posted this in the wrong feed. I am sorry. I wasn't sure where to post since I dont post very much. I do appreciate the place to just let me talk. well have a good day or good night and if your feelings any feelings I hope things start turning up for you!

Sammie_Kay

Do you get days off? If so what do you do with them.
I do get days off. I am thinking that my over thinking and my not letting myself to accept that not everything is as big deal as my brain is making it. lately on my days off i have plans I wanna get done but my depression has just made me not do very much and then i end up being so hard on myself. If only I knew how to not harp and over thing and blame myself for letting me down.

Xervello

I do get days off. I am thinking that my over thinking and my not letting myself to accept that not everything is as big deal as my brain is making it. lately on my days off i have plans I wanna get done but my depression has just made me not do very much and then i end up being so hard on myself. If only I knew how to not harp and over thing and blame myself for letting me down.
One thing I can think of that can help on days off is find that one thing you enjoy doing that makes you happy (if you have one), be it reading a favorite book, watching a comfort movie, playing games, whatever it is. Once you're in a better mood from doing that, it's a little easier to tackle whatever plans you might have. And if you should complete some of them, that sense of getting-things-done might keep your mood up and depression at bay for awhile.

A belated hello and thank you for your message, btw!

Sammie_Kay

Retail sounds insanely stressful in normal times, and even worse during a pandemic. I hope you can figure something out or make the leap to something new.
It is stressful but I much rather be in retail then in food service. Big props to anyone working in a restaurants. I have been luckily enough to keep and hold on to my job in this craziness. I have been doing a lot of soul searching. My mood has come up a little but we shall see what the week holds for me. I have been thinking about making a leap to something else...very scary. I dont think I am ready yet.

Sammie_Kay

One thing I can think of that can help on days off is find that one thing you enjoy doing that makes you happy (if you have one), be it reading a favorite book, watching a comfort movie, playing games, whatever it is. Once you're in a better mood from doing that, it's a little easier to tackle whatever plans you might have. And if you should complete some of them, that sense of getting-things-done might keep your mood up and depression at bay for awhile.

A belated hello and thank you for your message, btw!
I have been starting a "remember you got this done" list to try to keep my positive attitude up and negative voices down while being at work. You are very welcome for the message =)