Depression From No Intercourse

Necrucifer

I know it may sound weird and honestly I have never felt this way at all in my life...I mean I lost my virginity when I was 17 and since then had quite alot of sexual relations with the girls I been with multiple times a day...

I went through a 2 year break of no sex just fine from 19 to 21 when my first "Actual" relationship broke up (Most of them only lasted 1-3 monthes lol...) This one was my first 2 year relationship so yea I felt devastated. Anyway to skip past to the point I am getting depressed from no sex...

I just got dumped from a 2 year relationship earlier this month and I am past all that now but whenever I get horny I get depressed and when I masterbate yes I admit it I masterbate when I am single and I still do it sometimes when I am with someone but usually because there at work or not with me...

I just start thinking if I should call this or this person...and I have not done so yet because I do not want sex...I do but I like this girl so I dont wanna contact anyone just to have some fun...I know I am single but I been talking to this girl for a few days and it will just make me feel crappy ya know?

I also contacted my ex a couple times before I talked to this girl to have sex...it helped but I also get depressed every time I get horny...I mean I am a sex addict idk if that is a problem lol...I never cheated on any of my girlfriends though due to this and I respect them dont get me wrong but I love sex...

Anyone know this feeling of getting depressed from no sex? I think it may be because I am used to having it alot maybe it has become a habit like smoking?...I have had alot of sex since I first had it...but never ever felt like this :( It isnt what I care about in a relationship either but it just happens I like it to much...

Any help would be appreciated though...on how to stop being depressed...? I tend to accidently break rules so...if this is not aloud to be posted I am so sorry I make alot of mistakes :(.

Thanks for your honesty

I don't buy into this whole sex addiction stuff. I think people still have to take responsibility for their actions.

I understand what you're saying.

Sex releases endorphins and makes you happy. See what I think is that you're not depressed because you're not having sex. But rather you've been using sex to make yourself happy. And now you're not getting any you have made the connection between sex and depression.

Sex is a distraction.

I think you need to find out the real reason why you feel unhappy. (note I do not use the word depressed because I think it's a word we all use to lightly and really it's a very very serious thing. If you think that you are suffering from depression you need to seek professional advice.)

I can relate. I have commitment issues so throughout my early 20's I 've had casual relationships. I now realise that this is not really a very good idea for various reasons which I won't bore you with. I used sex as a distraction and I was completely wreckless and people got hurt. Now you have a couple of people in your life with whom there is a bond. I doubt very much from reading what you've written in your posts that you want to hurt anyone. So I encourage you to take the spotlight off sex and turn it inward.

Agent_Violet

You're linking sex with love/acceptance. When you don't have sex, you don't feel loved or accepted so you get depressed.

That's just my armchair psych opinion for the day take it or leave it;)

Sex is just sex. Love is something else entirely. You have to learn to separate these things.

thor01

Yes. Never got to do it yet. And that does make me feel like some weird reject creature thats missing out on something hah. But I guess I should know that even if I had or was doing it I'd still get that feeling when I wasn't. Like you. Even still though I wouldn't want a "relationship" anyway TBH, because other problems would probabaly come with that. And yes the two can be seperated or together IMO.

MikeyC

I used to get depressed from no sex but not so much anymore.

I don't really have any advice as to what you should do. Maybe get some other hobbies to take your mind off sex. Not really sure.

Necrucifer

Well I dont need sex in a relationship...If I were in a relationship I would rather it to be pure love than pure sex that is a fact but yea since I think about it might just because I miss it and want it...Thanks and I am sorry for even posting it...

I expected to get on and get a message saying post has been removed haha...I tend to get lost in my typing and type things I would normally say since I usually dont have to worry about younger people so I am glad it did not offend anyone I hope.

I do play video games alot...it takes my mind off alot of things and makes me happy and been playing them since I was little...IT does however take a huge amount of my time...I do get depressed from time to time but yea probably not from sex...I just felt it was and I guess I just felt lonely at the time and mixed up my feelings and somehow involved it with it.

I'm usually online with my friends or something to not recently but they keep me occupied and I have fun while it lasts but as soon as I stop doing something my mind goes in all directions and I just have to much stuff cluttered up. Ok maybe for the addiction thing...I just like it to much I guess is that a problem...?

As for seeking help would I see a different therapist than I already have because mine is mainly for children but does some adults just a general one though never brought it up to him...feel uncomfortable with it since he's a guy though...