Defiance

cowboyup

I'm geeking out over Defiance, the tv show.
IMO, it rocks! I just hope it's not gonna be another Firefly .... cancelling after 1 season.

I have hopes for it...They have incorporated/made up different languages - hey, who knows, there could be a cool fanbase!

For SyFy, the CGI looks good - thus far :)

Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

5arah

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm planning on it. My mom says it's really good. We have similar tastes, so i imagine I'll like it. I hope it lasts a while too. So many great sci-fi shows get canceled (Sanctuary!!!).

Remus

Staff member
I like it, I have the interactive MMO game to go with the series too and that's fun. Reminds me of farscape :)

nicole1

It is AWESOME. It's up there now as one of my faves! I've been all over the wiki page learning what I can.

megalon

Honestly, I thought some scenes were too reliant on cgi. It's ok to put some cg special effects and creatures over a real background, but a few scenes were entirely cg and it was painfully obvious. They looked more like mediocre video game cutscenes than a modern sci-fi show. The characters and story are good though.

davidburke

The game and the show is awesome. the cgi is not amazing but it doesn't bother me that much. If anyone is playing on xbox (EU) let me know and we can group up

dallasthekid

thats funny , my friend was just talking about buying the game. is it any good? ive read mixed reviews about it

cowboyup

I don't know about the game, it looks good and I want to get it, but I'd be stuck in my room playing it cuz I just know I couldn't play it around the kids.

The TV show thus far, I've watched the 2 episodes that have aired and in the second episode, I see the use of CGI a bit much...But I still love it!

Alphas, Heroes, Sanctuary, Firefly - some of the few shows I've loved and have been axed....argh!

Watched the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory and Sheldon has a fit over the cancellation of Alphas....I can relate, Sheldon :idontknow: