Death/Black Metal

MikeyC

The metal that sounds like a bunch of random riffs and growls and stuff... is that what you're talking about? Where you can't discern a melody? I only like melodic stuff, so if that's it then... no.
Not everything in the death and black metal realm is devoid of melody.

I probably listen to metal for several hours every day. It is destroying my hearing but I don't really care.

Origin - Wrath Of Vishnu - YouTube

Cryptopsy - Two-Pound Torch - YouTube

ULCERATE - DEAD OCEANS - YouTube

I probably listen to metal for several hours every day. It is destroying my hearing but I don't really care.

Well yes, I didn't mean everything in that genre. I suppose I've only heard the death metal my brother listens to, and apparently he prefers less melodic stuff because most of it seems to lack a discernible melody. But I haven't heard a ton of stuff from the genre.

Really, you don't care that your hearing is being destroyed!? :eek:

MikeyC

Well yes, I didn't mean everything in that genre. I suppose I've only heard the death metal my brother listens to, and apparently he prefers less melodic stuff because most of it seems to lack a discernible melody. But I haven't heard a ton of stuff from the genre.

Sounds like your brother and I would get along.

Not particularly. Come back when I'm 40 or 50, though, and see if I feel the same. You'll have to speak up.

MotherWolff

Banned

You should care about your hearing. If your hearing messes up, how will you be able to listen to metal or any form of music for that matter???

I could never get into Nile for some reason, but they're certainly a talented band.

I'm not into them either. But I love bands that sing about mythology like them, the Nile. Manowar does too, I think. But they sing about a different mythology. Honestly I forgot which one it was....:idontknow:

I also heard that metal is not really considered to be a true genre of music. I wonder why people feel that way about it? Alot of times, these people even go as far to say that heavy metal artists can't even really sing.

MotherWolff

Banned
That... is a really strange statement.

I guess I should have been more explanatory. You see, there are people who look at rock and roll or metal or any other type of rock music to be more like noise than music. Like when singers in metal do the screamo vocals. A lot of people think of it simply as noise. So basically I was saying that there are many people who don't even consider metal to be a work of art. Instead they degrade it by calling it noise.

mikebird

Banned
Thanks to threadMaster DukeOtakuNukem

This has cheered me up for the week
All the name titles always mean everything to me more than the vocals. Vocals are pure noise. Every tune is different, with a similar structure of
the genre. A completely new use for my home system of the decade, which was bought with electronic Drum & Bass tunes in mind for the bass below 50Hz. The rage goes with it
It will new material for the car sub.

Trying modelling Death with mixer dB adjustments, most things are disappointingly treblistic - good for earpod hearing aids. Nothing wrong with cymbals

Nile is new to me

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I guess I should have been more explanatory. You see, there are people who look at rock and roll or metal or any other type of rock music to be more like noise than music. Like when singers in metal do the screamo vocals. A lot of people think of it simply as noise. So basically I was saying that there are many people who don't even consider metal to be a work of art. Instead they degrade it by calling it noise.

Yeah I got what you meant, I still think it's a strange statement, I mean this is one thing to say that a kind of music is only noise, but this is another thing to dismiss metal as a musical genre just because they don't understand it :p

Flanscho

It's ok. I've been to the WGT festival last weekend, and went there to a Crematory concert. That was fun.

I don't think that your taste of music has anything to do with the energy you have or lack or are willing to spend to get stuff done.

mikebird

Banned
Don't forget Black Sabbath

A bit more review of a lot I already had. As I was doing with Nile too
:applause:

AGR

Urrrhh arrrgh raaaahhhh!!!!!

Eh I Meant I used to listen to Diyng Fetus,I think that they are death metal,but now it's just funny to me.
YouTube

MikeyC

Bölzer - Coronal Mass Ejaculation - YouTube

The guitars in Bolzer are really unusual. Nothing I've really heard before. I am looking forward to getting that one whenever it's released on CD.

Fister - 1. Antitheist - Gemini 2013 - YouTube

Really slow death metal - I guess death/doom - but I am highly impressed with this one, and it's on its way in the mail. An American friend showed me this and I was instantly hooked. I hope the rest of the album remains to this quality!

Cytotoxin - Ionosphere - YouTube

Cytotoxin are a recent band I found but they're quite good at what they do. With lyrics and imagery regarding pollution/Chernobyl/nuclear meltdowns of some kind, it's quite interesting. Musically they are proficient, as well.

Antigama - Fed By The Feeling - YouTube

And a little different is this album that has recently been released. The bouncy riff at the end makes Antigama a unique entity in the metal world, or at least for me, in the way they seamlessly incorporate such weirdness in their music. One of my picks for 2013.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some music with all of you!