Dating harder for SA guys than girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staticreflex

Do you think this is true, since guys are expected to be the aggressors and do the approaching and taking risks, I think that we have a harder time with dating than SA women. It doesn't take as much social effort to attract a guy as it does to attract a girl. No matter how much time I spend in front of the mirror, women aren't is going to make the first move one me. /rant

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
There's like 12 trillion threads about this already, ya know. Might want to do a search. They never seem to be terribly enlightening, but maybe that's just me.

Lost Girl

This topic just keeps on coming up. Honestly, I don't think guys do have it much worse than girls. Girls may get approached more than what a guy typically would, but social anxiety is obviously still a huge barrier. Even if girls with sa do get approached by men - so what? Does that mean they're going to just smile and giggle and BAM they're in a relationship? It doesn't work like that.

No, I don't think it is. Regardless of whom initiates the date (male or female), the date itself will revolve around social interaction and thus will be difficult for either sex with social phobia.

I think males and female are equally obstructed by their anxieties.

Last edited:

Felgen

You couldn't find another thread about this? ::p: Girls have the upper hand when it comes to dating, this is the case for people without anxiety as well.

Pookah

I think there is a disparity. It is that the women don't often start threads calling out the other gender. Because it isn't helpful and is rude. A guy may approach me, but what does that mean? What are the chances we have anything in common? I don't even believe in dating like that, walking up to a stranger. Try talking as people first, then we are all on even ground...

coyote

I think there is a disparity. It is that the women don't often start threads calling out the other gender. Because it isn't helpful and is rude. A guy may approach me, but what does that mean? What are the chances we have anything in common? I don't even believe in dating like that, walking up to a stranger. Try talking as people first, then we are all on even ground...

100 rep points for this, please!!!

staticreflex

I wasn't calling anyone out, I put a question mark at the end of the statement like foxnews always does.

But it seems to draw the wrath of other people, I guess that atacking others and putting down can be transferred even to a forum like socialphobiaworld. It was just a question that was an expression of my frustrations from someone who is new to reaching out and not entirely educated in forum ettiquette yet, and it seems to have drawn a lot of wrath from you guys.

Pookah

I wasn't calling anyone out, I put a question mark at the end of the statement like foxnews always does.

But it seems to draw the wrath of other people, I guess that atacking others and putting down can be transferred even to a forum like socialphobiaworld. It was just a question that was an expression of my frustrations from someone who is new to reaching out and not entirely educated in forum ettiquette yet, and it seems to have drawn a lot of wrath from you guys.

Because the females are tired of it being said that we somehow have it easier. SA is not easier for anyone who has it.

coyote

Don't take it too personally - there have just been a lot of posts like this recently - and the debate always gets heated.

Fox News is always unbiased.

coyote

I am at the point where I have no idea how I can possibly ever get a date in my life.

You really should come visit up here - every direction you turn there are beautiful, young single women on vacation, bored, looking for something to do that their rich parents might not approve of....

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

Yeah, emulating FOX news is likely to draw wrath, too.

Consider this: men judge women more for their appearance than women do men. Men get judged more for our accomplishments and other actions. A man has a lot more control over his actions than a women does what she looks like. Is this fair?

coyote

Consider this: men judge women more for their appearance than women do men. Men get judged more for our accomplishments and other actions. A man has a lot more control over his actions than a women does what she looks like. Is this fair?

there's always silicone

Felgen

If a man has been unemployed for a long time or if he has little to no job experience, there's hardly anything he can do to better his situation. Also, an ugly girl without anxiety has it much easier than a beautiful girl with. Looks aren't the only thing women are judged on behalf of.

yumesa

I don't think either gender has it any easier. I think it just depends on how you present yourself in public. When I first meet people or be around people I don't know they often think I hate them because I don't talk or look at them. Sometimes I look sad when I'm bored and people don't really want to talk to a sad person especially at a party or social gathering of some sort. Perhaps if you look more approachable someone might come to you.

I've known plenty of girls who are comfortable to be the one to approach men. Well more often to look for sex (and hopefully find a bf this way) but I think it still kind of counts.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
If a man has been unemployed for a long time or if he has little to no job experience, there's hardly anything he can do to better his situation.
That's a pretty specific situation, and there's more to attracting women than a job anyway. You know that. Even if there weren't more to it, I've been in that exact situation and it is difficult and but not impossible.
Also, an ugly girl without anxiety has it much easier than a beautiful girl with.
It's sort of hard to say for sure without knowing more specifics about a situation. In any case, that doesn't negate what I said, if that's what you're getting at.
Looks aren't the only thing women are judged on behalf of.
Nope, never said they were.

Eh, I tire of this same old argument.

donkeyspank.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.