Dating dilemma

Daniel089

I decided to register on a dating site. I already know my social phobia is just a small issue in my life, since a psychiatrist confirmed it multiple times, but still I don't really have friends, just so called "buddies" but I rarely hang out with others...

And during the few months I realized what I actually crave for: it isn't finding friends, it is finding love. I was never on a real date before, but I know what I'm capable of, though my biggest dilemma or fear is when my future date would realize that I'm such an intovert, not outgoing type with no friends, etc... Another little thing would be taking her to some places (where I usally never go, but would go of course).

Are my fears completely nonsense or...?

Last edited:

surewhynot

Don't worry, a lot of people are introverts, they just make less noise. You're bound to find a special someone who will love you for who you are. Good luck :3

Bo592

I decided to register on a dating site. I already know my social phobia is just a small issue in my life, since a psychiatrist confirmed it multiple times, but still I don't really have friends, just so called "buddies" but I rarely hang out with others...

And during the few months I realized what I actually crave for: it isn't finding friends, it is finding love. I was never on a real date before, but I know what I'm capable of, though my biggest dilemma or fear is when my future date would realize that I'm such an intovert, not outgoing type with no friends, etc... Another little thing would be taking her to some places (where I usally never go, but would go of course).

Are my fears completely nonsense or...?

I thank about trying a dating site but felt that I should not because of my problems with the outdoors. After years of years of messaging women on this site and other and not getting anywhere I see that my life is not going to work out for me . But you keep going we need a hero like you to show us that their is hope for you and us.

aNOTfox

No your fears aren't nonsense! quite a lot of people feel the same way even those without social anxiety. Just remember not to pretend to be some sort of over-confident person; be you, and no one will expect any less.

truffleshuffle

No your fears aren't nonsense! quite a lot of people feel the same way even those without social anxiety. Just remember not to pretend to be some sort of over-confident person; be you, and no one will expect any less.
I can;t agree more. Just be yourself and it thats not enough for someone then it was not ment to be and just find the right fit for you.

InvisaLady

I intovert, not outgoing type with no friends, etc...

You know, you just described my current boyfriend.
Part of the reason he and I get along so well is that we are very similar.
Be honest, don't try to be someone your not.
I think you might have better luck with a shy introvert girl as they tend to be a bit more sympathetic to men who are the same.

Bugs

Just go on dating and show who you really are. Just be yourself and don't fake your personality. If he accepts you or not, it's their problem. It's better if you found that date who really likes you as you are. Good luck! :)