Dating a huge puzzle?

SalemEdgerton1

Something that I've always wondered about is how dates don't seem to go so well for me. Granted I've only been on two, but neither went particularly well and were more of a puzzle than actual understanding of the person. Both girls seemed to find me attractive outside the date but during the date they both seemed so disinterested and bored, which was really discouraging for me because I wasn't really sure if I was doing something wrong. Both girls had a lot in common with me in terms of interests but the conversation seemed more rigid than normal. Anyone have any pointers as to what I could do in the future to improve on it?

Just remember that dating is for one reason only: to have fun! Don't make it seem really important or anything just think of it as something that you're doing for fun.

Also maybe go to a movie or do something that doesn't make you have to rely on conversation to make it work.

SalemEdgerton1

Just remember that dating is for one reason only: to have fun! Don't make it seem really important or anything just think of it as something that you're doing for fun.

Also maybe go to a movie or do something that doesn't make you have to rely on conversation to make it work.

Yeah, I tend to enjoy going to movies more than a lot of date activities so I'll probably try that one, but usually I feel most comfortable first asking a girl to lunch or coffee since that doesn't seem so forward and it, at least in theory, allows both of us to get a better feel of each other and helps us to decide how we want to go forward with this. I think you're right though at least for the restaurant date. Though I wasn't really sure why she didn't talk much and really seemed very bored.

Riiya

I'd say stay away from a restaurant for a first date. For me personally, the atmosphere makes me conscious about being on a date - and I do hold back when I'm feeling self-conscious. Pick a place where talking (and eating) isn't the only thing that can get you through the day. The amusement park works for me, although I'm not sure if you can pop the question as casually as "Would you like to have dinner with me sometime?" unless you already know her well.

I'd also avoid movie for a first date, especially if that's your first chance to get to know her. You're not supposed to talk in a movie, and you'll probably drive yourself crazy wondering about what you should or should not do in the dark for two hours.

SickJoke

Dates are outdated :D

Do something casual and interesting that allows you to get to know each other. What do you do for fun on your own time? It could be as casual as "Hey I'm doing ____, come hang out with me." This way there's no pressure, no expectations, no first date awkwardness, just two people getting to know each other.

SalemEdgerton1

Dates are outdated :D

Do something casual and interesting that allows you to get to know each other. What do you do for fun on your own time? It could be as casual as "Hey I'm doing ____, come hang out with me." This way there's no pressure, no expectations, no first date awkwardness, just two people getting to know each other.

Should it be something that she would be interested in too or does it matter?

SickJoke

Should it be something that she would be interested in too or does it matter?

No that's the beauty of it. Do something that's fun for you. If you're genuinely having a good time, she'll be able to tell. She'll take cues from you! so if you're having fun she'll have fun too. It's your job to lead. That's why if you ask a girl what she wants to do, she'll be turned off. But if you tell her you're gonna do something fun, maybe even keep it a secret till you get there, she'll love you for it :D

SalemEdgerton1

No that's the beauty of it. Do something that's fun for you. If you're genuinely having a good time, she'll be able to tell. She'll take cues from you! so if you're having fun she'll have fun too. It's your job to lead. That's why if you ask a girl what she wants to do, she'll be turned off. But if you tell her you're gonna do something fun, maybe even keep it a secret till you get there, she'll love you for it :D

Thanks! I'll have to try that. Hopefully girls like going to video game music concerts lol.

Jay Cataldo

Like Video Games Live or PLAY!. It's a pretty awesome concert they have all over the country where they play music from video games with lights and a symphony orchestra. They have tournaments and costume contests too.

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to step in here and suggest that this may not be the ideal venue for a date, unless the girl either owns an Xbox or grows shrooms in her basement.

You should try to pick something that you think the girl will enjoy as well, or at least won't be turned off by. If you feel compelled to do something video game related, a better bet is taking her to an arcade to play some air hockey or laser tag. But it really depends on what kind of girl she is.

I can have a ton of fun at a Slayer concert, but if my date shows up wearing a Miley Cyrus t-shirt, it's safe to assume I won't be getting laid that night.

SalemEdgerton1

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to step in here and suggest that this may not be the ideal venue for a date, unless the girl either owns an Xbox or grows shrooms in her basement.

You should try to pick something that you think the girl will enjoy as well, or at least won't be turned off by. If you feel compelled to do something video game related, a better bet is taking her to an arcade to play some air hockey or laser tag. But it really depends on what kind of girl she is.

I can have a ton of fun at a Slayer concert, but if my date shows up wearing a Miley Cyrus t-shirt, it's safe to assume I won't be getting laid that night.

haha hey my ex really like it...though she was a gamer so I guess that doesn't count. What are you implying Jay, that gamers love shrooms? lol

Yeah that was what I was interested about as to what exactly one should do on a date.

SilentType

Banned
It's a pretty awesome concert they have all over the country where they play music from video games with lights and a symphony orchestra

Weird. I was watching a college basketball game the other day and noticed the band was playing the theme song from the original Zelda that was on the first Nintendo. Brought back memories, lol.

I would stay away from the concerts when trying to pick up chicks though :p.

Peace

SalemEdgerton1

Weird. I was watching a college basketball game the other day and noticed the band was playing the theme song from the original Zelda that was on the first Nintendo. Brought back memories, lol.

I would stay away from the concerts when trying to pick up chicks though :p.

Peace

haha you would be surprised good sir...very surprised. While yes there were a lot of teenagers with their parents last year, there were a lot more attractive females than I'd expect. The girl who dressed up as one of the Dead or Alive characters was pretty damn hot by stereotypical man standards.

Jay Cataldo

haha hey my ex really like it...though she was a gamer so I guess that doesn't count. What are you implying Jay, that gamers love shrooms? lol.

I was implying that your date might better enjoy the pulsing lights and trippy music if she brings along a sheet of acid and a canister of nitrous. ;)

Errordotocx

I'm sorry, but this made me LOL. I agree as well. Pick something fun to do, but not something too weird I say.

I can have a ton of fun at a Slayer concert.
You, like Metal? Gold star for you my friend.

I was implying that your date might better enjoy the pulsing lights and trippy music if she brings along a sheet of acid and a canister of nitrous. ;)

This also made me laugh...not gonna lie.