Crying and release for panic attack

cowboyup

When I am highly agitated, anxious or experiencing full out panic attack, sometimes I find just crying it out seems to help some.

I mean, sure I could reach for medicine but sometimes a good ole cry-fest helps.

Has anyone else have this experience? Or does something different, like going for a run help you?

Kiwong

I beat panic attacks by embracing them. I ask "Show me what you have got panic." and if I haven't died from a heart attack. I say "You've got nothing."

Running does help, my photography does too.

Counting backwards from 100 is another distraction technique I use.

I have cried too, well it isn't exactly crying, it's more like coughing up a wordless blind pain.

awkwardamanda

When I had panic attacks I realized that walking around a bit helped. I just slowly paced back and forth. I read somewhere that it's best to try and burn off the extra energy. It really does help more than laying down and trying to relax. Although I went on an anti-depressant awhile back and haven't had a panic attack since.

When I get in depressed moods, I really just need to be miserable for awhile. The best thing I can do is mope and just wait it out; cry if I need to. It kinda blows over eventually.