crowds of people

THE-INTROVERT

anyone been to situtions like partys were theres just everyone talking and ur sitting there poor quiet i was at a party b4 were i was sitting at a chair everyone was up the other side of kitchen talking i got up to talk i seen people laughing at me wats the point partys arnt my scene and never will be i also hate when people stood in a circle talking i used to turn my back i just couldnt face it they probably thought i was being ignorant

Ignace

Well, you perfectly described a same experience of mine. Yup, great memories ...:mad:

Parties are hit and miss with me, recently I went to party soon to be family members (Im getting married soon) it was all female type of get together and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel till I got there...well as soon as I did, I wanted to run. I faked it through, when the party was over and I got dropped off I was out of sorts for a while. It took me a little bit to feel like myself again.
I wish I could be normal and just enjoy myself but with S.P. everything is much harder.

awkwardamanda

Yeah, I hate parties. I never go to house parties at all. But at any type of social function or family get-together, I'll usually just there like a log, not talking and feeling uncomfortable. I try not to make eye contact much so people won't start talking to me. I just kinda gaze around the room in silence.

Last edited:

stephen

I had a few major panic attacks at parties in my twenties. Really not my favourite environment.

Tiercel

I handle crowds at concerts so easily, since I know the focus isn't on me. And everyone gets sweaty at a concert. Anything else sets my anxiety in motion, though.

At parties I'm usually the guy off in the corner by himself.

sevenroses

anyone been to situtions like partys were theres just everyone talking and ur sitting there poor quiet i was at a party b4 were i was sitting at a chair everyone was up the other side of kitchen talking i got up to talk i seen people laughing at me wats the point partys arnt my scene and never will be i also hate when people stood in a circle talking i used to turn my back i just couldnt face it they probably thought i was being ignorant

I can relate happened a lot in my high school days and people just try to form a circle and try to look cool. Not really my thing :p

Fighter86

I haven't really been to parties before, but once, I went to a major Christmas celebration for work, it was weird, and I felt weird. I had a worse one though, I went to some sporting event at a different company I worked at, there were loads of people, probably some 70 or so, I just sat there by myself pretending to read a magazine and made a quick escape as soon as I possibly can. Basically it was one of those companies that have such major gatherings very frequently.