Computer question

MollyBeGood

I have a problem. I am trying to get my mp3's off my pc and play them on my iPad in iTunes.

So Mac only plays mp4's is that correct so first do i need to convert them?

Then how to proceed?

Any ideas would be so helpful!

Thanks!

Rawz

You can convert them, but you lose audio quality when converting from one lossy format to another.

Xervello

I have a problem. I am trying to get my mp3's off my pc and play them on my iPad in iTunes.

So Mac only plays mp4's is that correct so first do i need to convert them?

Then how to proceed?

Any ideas would be so helpful!

Thanks!

I'm kinda confused about what you're confused about, lol. Shouldn't your mp3s play in iTunes, regardless? I know back when I used iTunes and I was uploading a CD into it, they would come out as mp4s first. You can go into the settings and change that so that they upload as mp3s instead. But if you want to convert mp4s to mp3s download a VLC player. It's an mp3 player like Winamp or Windows Media, etc. But VLC also has a media converter that isn't too complicated. I can help you do that if you go that route.

MollyBeGood

I'm kinda confused about what you're confused about, lol. Shouldn't your mp3s play in iTunes, regardless? I know back when I used iTunes and I was uploading a CD into it, they would come out as mp4s first. You can go into the settings and change that so that they upload as mp3s instead. But if you want to convert mp4s to mp3s download a VLC player. It's an mp3 player like Winamp or Windows Media, etc. But VLC also has a media converter that isn't too complicated. I can help you do that if you go that route.

Hey!

I may be pickin your brain here directly...

thanks for the responses

MollyBeGood

Xervello Ok,

First I convert them off of youtube on my PC with an MP3 converter. Then, this is a question since I am not used to a Mac, I need to convert that file to a Ma4 or whatever it's called. Then here's the problem, I want to play it in itunes. How do I get the file from my PC to the ipad? Like right now it's in an email I have open that I want to get off of gmail but the only place I can put it is in Google drive then I cannot get it off of there into itunes.

does this make sense?

Xervello

Xervello Ok,

First I convert them off of youtube on my PC with an MP3 converter. Then, this is a question since I am not used to a Mac, I need to convert that file to a Ma4 or whatever it's called. Then here's the problem, I want to play it in itunes. How do I get the file from my PC to the ipad? Like right now it's in an email I have open that I want to get off of gmail but the only place I can put it is in Google drive then I cannot get it off of there into itunes.

does this make sense?

I've never used or owned an iPad, but isn't it similar to a pc in that it has private folders/a desktop-like hub? I don't see why you can't download your music files from gmail, save them on the desktop or a private folder on your iPad then import them to iTunes from wherever you saved the file. If you know how to add files to iTunes, that shouldn't be too difficult. I don't have iTunes anymore, but when I did it played both mp3s and mp4s so you shouldn't need to convert them. Unless the iPad doesn't allow it for whatever reason.

MollyBeGood

I've never used or owned an iPad, but isn't it similar to a pc in that it has private folders/a desktop-like hub? I don't see why you can't download your music files from gmail, save them on the desktop or a private folder on your iPad then import them to iTunes from wherever you saved the file. If you know how to add files to iTunes, that shouldn't be too difficult. I don't have iTunes anymore, but when I did it played both mp3s and mp4s so you shouldn't need to convert them. Unless the iPad doesn't allow it for whatever reason.

Yes you got it. The problem is there is no desk top type lay out on the tablet. Just apps. So no folders to access.

I will get back to you btw still I have not forgotten. Just haven't had the time to write proper. I can do scattered sentences. Criptic and garbled right now at best.

Xervello

No worries, Moll, do your thing and write when you can. :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help though.