Complete Recovery from SP-Heixi Therapy (1)

delacratic

Phoenix,
I think what Jacky is saying is that the problem we have is that by trying to change it we make it worse.
I certainly find it's a lot more pleasant to say to myself "OK, I feel scared, I'm panicking, but thats just how I am" than "I'm Scared! WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH ME? I must change this, what can I do? AH! Nothing's working! S***". I'm pretty sure you'd agree after that you'd feel much much worse. I still feel anxious and scared, but I'm hoping that as I get used to accepting it, it will actually become more acceptable; easier to accept, if you get my meaning. It feels like I might be on the start of a positive cycle. We'll see about that, I guess, but what I'm saying is, I think Jacky isn't denying that anxiety can't be changed, but that a) it can't be got rid of completely, and b) non-acceptance is the wrong way to go about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jacky. Plus, thanks for your interesting posts. You've certainly helped me pull a few ideas together that have been sitting nonsensically in my head for a little while. I'm beginning to accept that I'll not rid myself completely of anxiety. And neither should that even be my aim.

phoenix1

delacratic,

Well said and I agree with everything you just said.

I really hope that its jacky's position as well and hope that I'm reading it wrong or its a langauge barrier. The reason I'm so critical is that he is in a position to try to counsel people in a professional manner. Otherwise I wouldnt care.

Like you said trying to change anxiety does make it worse. Jacky knows that acceptance and non-resistance is the goal. But what drives me crazy is that he applies this powerful princinple to absolutely everything without realizing exactly why it works. Once again, I'm only critical cause hes counseling people.

The reason why you cant change anxiety by trying is that anxiety is 'trying' in itself. It is change in itself. You cant change something that is by definition change as well. All you do is fuel it more.

Accepting our flaws is a complicated issue as well. And the definition of 'accept' really has two meanings. If we accept who we are (love ourselves), we are lowering our high expectations which in turn makes it so we *dont* have to 'accept' certain flaws or aspects of ourselves because we dont think its a problem anymore. This will lower anxiety.

Accepting specific flaws and traits is a whole another issue that Jacky has very little idea of what he is doing. Accepting specific flaws or traits means that they have to be unchangeable and they never usually are (which he cant see), so its both ineffectual and as well as dangerous.

And like I wrote in my earlier posts, its extremely absurd to try to accept depression and its symptoms.

So thats my criticism in a nutshell of Jacky. He knows that acceptance is powerful, but cant tell me why it doenst work with some things and not others. And his advice of non-resistance of absolutely everything is quite frankly a little dangerous.

Jacky1980

to delacratic,
Congratulations! you have made the first step, this was just the first step I made under the guidance of Mr.Heixi, at that time, I had the same feeling with you, just go on and follow your own feeling. Because Social Phobia is a sort of inveterate bad habit or conditional reflex, so "recurring" is its feature, so please ask me questions any time if you want to.

To Phoenix,
I am really sorry if I said something wrong, or my attitude seems overconfident. To be frank,when I came to this forum, I found that so many friends, like former me, are still struggling with SP, still thinking that medication can help them, still being housebound due to their SP, I felt sad, I felt it was my duty to help them, i really want all of them to recover,with this haste, my tongue may seem unpleasant,i will closely pay attention to that later on, sorry again.(to be continued)

HeixiJacky

"Heixi Therapy Counseling Post" is stickied, please state there your symptom and problem. The chief counselor in our counseling center will try to help you out.