Coming Clean

Ex-HH

My family knows, none of my friends know except, who I know since elementary school. He was very upfront and kind about it. When I sweated my skiing gloves out, he even offered to give me his gloves. Too bad we both headed different ways, though we still keep in touch.

Uber Schnitzel

Ah, everyone I know knows that I have hh. I mean everyone! :) I feel better when I just come out, make a couple of jokes and be done with it. Never told any boyfriend though :/ Really really wish I had the balls to that.

I'm the opposite! I think it's a lot easier to tell someone you're going out with. Or maybe it's just because you can't hide it from them.

I had nothing but bad experiences by telling others. They seem to ignore me more and not want to associate with me. It really hurts.

This is what I'm afraid of

xlisax

I told all my friends, as it mainy affects my face. They were all fine with it, didnt treat me any differently and never commented about it. All my family know too, and have been very supportive about it. I do tend to joke about it though, it makes it a little easier to deal with. When I left school and got my first job in a shop I told my manager as she always commented that I just wore my shirt not the jumper, and never got cold with the door open. She was fine with this too, as I didnt let it effect my job. Now Im a mothers help, and since I walk the dog twice a day, and they have a very hot house, I told her and to be honest she doesnt care, and I feel fine with sweating buckets in front of her. However I have since lost all my friends and wouldnt know when meeting new friends if I would tell them or not. I have always felt uncomforatable about my HH so been open about it but always made a joke out of it.

Uber Schnitzel

I told all my friends, as it mainy affects my face. They were all fine with it, didnt treat me any differently and never commented about it. All my family know too, and have been very supportive about it. I do tend to joke about it though, it makes it a little easier to deal with. When I left school and got my first job in a shop I told my manager as she always commented that I just wore my shirt not the jumper, and never got cold with the door open. She was fine with this too, as I didnt let it effect my job. Now Im a mothers help, and since I walk the dog twice a day, and they have a very hot house, I told her and to be honest she doesnt care, and I feel fine with sweating buckets in front of her. However I have since lost all my friends and wouldnt know when meeting new friends if I would tell them or not. I have always felt uncomforatable about my HH so been open about it but always made a joke out of it.

The only comment I got at work is "why are you working with those gloves on when it's so hot?" and I just said it was for grip (which is not completely untrue in a sense)!