College Classroom Seating Conspiracy? ;)

Mattisconfused

Hey there. Im new here but Ive read a few posts here before.

Anyways, I started University a few weeks ago and its a large one. One of my classes in particular has 100 students in one narrow room, with 10 seats on each row. The first week the class was filled but as a few classes went by some kids stopped attending. Leaving a few seats empty. Well ok, thats normal. I sit on the second row. And theres about ten rows. Guess whose row is now devoid of 6 humans. Mine! I sit on the chair near the isle and theres one isle and another kid I know sits next to me but theres six empty seats next to us, on the second row. The other side of my row has two kids. But there an empty void between us and them. When I turn around to the other students all the other 80 behind me, theres barely any one spaced gaps between any of them. And when I look on the first row the same is witnessed. Anyone have any clues as to why my row has the most empty seats lined up? I honestly find it strange that people avoid sitting in my row. Im not upset or anything, because I dont know any of them but I mean.. Come on.

Im just kinda laughing to myself about it. Cause I mean do I look that scary? xD

Written on a cell phone. Warning! Well sorta.

Maybe because you are sitting in the aisle-side seat, people don't wont to make the effort to get past you to the empty seats (do you have huge, ominous knees?)- sit at the other end of the row and see if that changes things

jaim38

It's probably because people avoid sitting at the front. I used to sit at the front row and there would only be 1-2 other people sitting on that row.

sahxox

Yeah I definitely avoid sitting up the front, and most people do as well. Perhaps sitting on the aisle seat makes the gap larger then it needs to be?
ok I'm gonna do a diagram lol O's are people, x's are spare seats. ;)
OOxxxxxxOO - your row

xOOxxOxOOxx - other rows.

I'd probably sit on the second or third end seat, more space for books and stuff ;) may be why everyone else seems closer because of where they are sitting, opposed to numerical reasons.

Lamb

My theory is the same as those who posted above. People avoid the front rows. Try sitting in the middle of your row. Only because I would find it amusing. :bigsmile: People would probably assume you're really confident. Or you can switch it up every week, throw people off. haha