Co worker stabbed me in the back.

theoutsider

You should unfriend her on Facebook for starters because she is in no way a friend. Why stay on someone's friends list who has blocked you from reading her posts and who you strongly suspect is posting negative things about you? Secondly, she is trying to make you feel like the guilty one by not talking to you all day (not that you should want her to). Don't let her behavior get to you. She's the one who lied and basically tried to get you fired. Go about your business and learn to be happy without her companionship. Most of all, don't allow her to make you her doormat.

Sacrament

Well, i survived. I went to see the manager on my own and explained everything. He then got us both in the office and told Lyn that it was her word against mine and that i wasn't going anywhere. He said that Lyn had already spoken to him before me and written a letter (lying) saying that i always use my phone during work hours and that i go on Facebook all the time when it's actually her that does that. I told the manager this and he seemed to believe me. He then got us both in the office and told Lyn that it was her word against mine and that i wasn't going anywhere. He also said that Jane was in no way going to get my job. I'm very relieved although having to work in silence isn't that great. She didn't speak to me the entire day.

When i got home i noticed she blocked me on Facebook. Probably so she can post things about me without me knowing. I'm very hurt that she stooped so low as to deflect the blame onto me but i guess she's just showed her true colours. Thank you all for your advice.

I'm glad your boss is on the side of reason. Someone has to be. Don't worry too much about her blocking you. After all, do you really want to be friends with a venomous snake? Be glad you're not like her, making nasty posts the same way she does. I bet the people on her friends list just roll her eyes at every post she makes, not caring at all about the lies she has to say about you.

Keep doing your thing and don't stoop to her level. Walk around confidently at work, so she knows she can't even put a dent on you with her crap.

SmileMore

It's her day off today so i was working on my own which was nice. Co-workers have been telling me that's she's been on Facebook posting things about me. She's blocked it so i can't see. The woman is 60 years old and she's acting like this. I'm constantly on edge now worrying about her finding something she can report me for.

I can't believe she changed so quickly as soon as i told her i knew she'd been messaging Y. It's like i never knew her at all. She told people yesterday she was hoping i was going to get suspended, now that i haven't and the manager sort of stuck up for me she's acting crazy.

Megaten

Ah frenemies. Thats all kinds of messed up. Well at least you know who she really is now so she cant trick you into sabotaging yourself or something.

SmileMore

You should unfriend her on Facebook for starters because she is in no way a friend. Why stay on someone's friends list who has blocked you from reading her posts and who you strongly suspect is posting negative things about you? Secondly, she is trying to make you feel like the guilty one by not talking to you all day (not that you should want her to). Don't let her behavior get to you. She's the one who lied and basically tried to get you fired. Go about your business and learn to be happy without her companionship. Most of all, don't allow her to make you her doormat.

I actually had already deleted her so i' not sure why she blocked me. :question:

SmileMore

It sounds like she is going on the offensive now. After all, she has already lost face in all of this, and from what you have already mentioned, it sounds like she is doing her best to gain support. Which is why I think it's important that you don't rise to her baiting you, because I think it's possible that she will subtly undermine you at every opportunity, until you might get to the stage where you react in a way that she wants you to. But if you stick to the moral high ground, knowing that you have done nothing wrong, then I think you will be the one that comes out on top in all of this.

I agree. :perfect:

IntheLabyrinth

Man, I really hope she gets hers. I got fired by getting stabbed in the back so I really despise anyone like her. I would ask the people you know who are friends with her on FB for screen shots of what she's said since the meeting with the manager so you have some documentation of her lies for the next time she tries to do anything to you at work.

SmileMore

I've been working with her since Monday in silence and it's really starting to get to me. I have work in an hour and i really don't want to go in. It's literally me and her in a room.

theoutsider

I've been working with her since Monday in silence and it's really starting to get to me. I have work in an hour and i really don't want to go in. It's literally me and her in a room.

Do you like music? Listen to music on your headphones. It makes ignoring people much easier. You have something enjoyable to keep you going and the lack of conversation isn't as noticeable because, who expects you to converse while you have headphones on and can't hear them.

SmileMore

We're not allowed to use headphones for some stupid reason. Usually we share a radio, it's an old one that belonged to her husband, but because she knows i'm working on my own this weekend she took it home on purpose to spite me.

Yesterday we where working together in silence as usual and out of nowhere she said "you may have won the battle but you haven't won there war". I just stood there like wtf? I then said i had no idea what she meant. She just walked off and went for her lunch break and didn't say anything else for the rest of the day.

I've reported her to one of the team leaders and she's written everything down. She said she's going to show the manager when he gets back on Tuesday. Luckily i'm on annual leave now until 20th.

She walking talking to someone that i also talk to at work yesterday and today i've noticed that they've blocked me on Facebook. I'm really getting sick of this to be honest.

Last edited:

theoutsider

The next time she makes a statement to you like that, maybe say something like, "Where did all this come from? We were getting along fine until Jane came into the picture."

That is, if you want to know what got her started down this path. I know I do. Who knows, maybe Jane lied to her about you and that's what turned her against you.