Cheating?

MikeyC

Wow, everyone is quick to start bashing this guy.

Maybe he really was unhappy in the relationship?

rosewood

What you did was wrong. Be more respectful in the future. If someone has a gf back the hell off.

ok, ok. it is easy to sit in judgment of others. so very easy. maybe you have been wronged this way. so i am sorry for this, Anxietyiswhoiam. god knows i have.

but perhaps, you have not heard of how extremly manipulative a special type of predatory male (sometimes female) are. this particular type knows how to lie from the age of 10 or earlier, and is so well versed in identifying his targets, and pushing their buttons that it all comes off like a nightmare ballet. so perfect, so easy to fall for. such a trap.

these types are always moving like a hire wire act from one (mostly several women because they juggle them) to the next with a lot of overlap.

we dont know if what she said was really true. we only know what HE told her. what a convenient sounding story to come from him to ease her trusting mind. and she hasnt been in many relationships, if he was predatory then she makes a great target just for that reason alone.

my apologies ML, no disrespect to you at all here, i am only looking at it from the standpoint of the people i have encountered.

all i am saying is, there is ALWAYS way more to the story than anyone sees from a forum. we cant know. :)

Luna1740

I'm putting up a thread now to explain:
(What I'm about to say could be misinterpreted as me being a jerk, but I am being completely genuine)
It is absolutely amazing to me that so many people have responded to this post. It is crazy that all of you are capable of comprehending/giving advice on this situation. I think it probably has something to do with the purity of the whole thing that is creating the disconnect, and honestly kind of makes me sad. Like, at no point in my life, did holding hands with someone provoke emotions in me on the scale that you obviously feel them on, and I really think that it is a beautiful thing that you can feel that way from such a simple action. (again, I'm being completely serious:) is it normal human behavior to feel/consider holding hands as an action that creates a sense of, I'm assuming, a greater connection to another person?