Causes of bullying

DWToCd

I have been thinking about this from my past experiences as well.

When I moved to a new town in elementary school, I became friends with the first people that talked to me. I was shy, but also nice to everyone. So I was open to being friends with anyone as long as they approached me. Just so happens the first group that talked to me weren't "the cool" kids. Which didn't bother me.

I remember one of "the cool" kids approached me a little while after I had been there. He told me that I should be careful who I become friends with. Meaning I was hanging out with the wrong group. Not because they were bad people, but because they weren't popular. I was taken back by it. From that point on, I was a target for the popular kids to bully.

Looking back on it now, it seems like they felt rejected by me. Which wasn't my intention...just didn't feel like I should not have been someone's friend just because they weren't popular.

Honda

Because people are more attuned to the concept of winning and losing than they are to the reality of life then death.

Yes... We are programmed to win rather than seek the truth..

We have evolved technologically for the past decade but what we actually neglected is the evolving our emotional and psychological intelligence..

But if people become smart and self-aware... Governments and World powers will find it difficult to manipulate and control the masses.

Never before in history the world was this connected and this open-minded about alot of topics which are still regarded as taboo in many societies around the world.. Lets just pray this new movement is going to be for the better..

I believe bullying is about control, and the individuals who partake in bullying are generally insecure. I was bullied by my boss, and the corporation took her side despite breaking the law. We need to put an end to this behaviour by lobbying our government. I created Make bullying illegal
Together we can make a difference!

emre43

To quote the psychotherapist Alfred Adler:

"We should not be astonished if in the cases where we see an inferiority [feeling] complex we find a superiority complex more or less hidden. On the other hand, if we inquire into a superiority complex and study its continuity, we can always find a more or less hidden inferiority [feeling] complex."

"If a person is a show-off it is only because he feels inferior, because he does not feel strong enough to compete with others on the useful side of life. That is why he stays on the useless side. He is not in harmony with society. It seems to be a trait of human nature that when individuals - both children and adults - feel weak, they want to solve the problems of life in such a way as to obtain personal superiority without any admixture of social interest. A superiority complex is a second phase. It is a compensation for the inferiority [feeling] complex."

"The superiority complex is one of the ways which a person with an inferiority [feeling] complex may use as a method of escape from his difficulties. He assumes that he is superior when he is not, and this false success compensates him for the state of inferiority which he cannot bear. The normal person does not have a superiority complex, he does not even have a sense of superiority. He has the striving to be superior in the sense that we all have ambition to be successful; but so long as this striving is expressed in work it does not lead to false valuations, which are at the root of mental disease".