Careful how you vent!

Walk

I just read a now-locked thread titled "girls just hate me" and I read my posts and the replies to it. Man, I didn't realize how insulting to women when I was! I was such an *******. I realize now that I was in a state of frustration and I was venting.

I said that women like guys who treat them badly at times. I should have said that SOME women are like that and that the more mature ones aren't. I do feel bad about the reactions I caused to some.

This is probably a cheesy and useless post, but i felt like I truly made a disservice to this site by writing pointless, pessimistic **** on this site. Sorry to anyone who I offended, especially to the nice and mature girls/women out there... I truly am sorry.

Liberty

Banned
I just read a now-locked thread titled "girls just hate me" and I read my posts and the replies to it. Man, I didn't realize how insulting to women when I was! I was such an *******. I realize now that I was in a state of frustration and I was venting.

I said that women like guys who treat them badly at times. I should have said that SOME women are like that and that the more mature ones aren't. I do feel bad about the reactions I caused to some.

This is probably a cheesy and useless post, but i felt like I truly made a disservice to this site by writing pointless, pessimistic **** on this site. Sorry to anyone who I offended, especially to the nice and mature girls/women out there... I truly am sorry.

haha, I did the same thing before. This site is not the place to talk bad about people.

Social-E-Aukward

I actually had something sort of similar happen very recently. I was very upset about something someone had done to me and I wrote it all down in my journal and vented my distaste. Later, my girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend (go figure) found it at was very hurt and upset by some of the things I had written. Even though my feelings were not intended to be directed towards her, it made a horrible impression of me when she read what I had written.

While venting can be a good and healthy thing, I think we should still try hard to be considerate of what others think and feel. Just a few misplaced words can completely change the meaning of an entire discussion.
There's a difference between simply venting what one truly feels, and getting overly expressive and even abusive. Bad venting skills are the cause of the larger of my life's problems right now. I struggle with expressing myself without being hurtful, even at times spiteful, to others, especially when I am still sore about something they've done. I don't mean to be as mean as I am, but it doesn't change that I am. :( I'm trying hard to remain calm and no explode on people just because they'll listen and be there for me. They are really the people I want to hurt the least.

I haven't read the original posting, except for what you described here, but I think it's a good thing that you openly admitted how wrong what you said was.

Tiercel

It takes great maturity/strength to admit to mistakes.

That was my thought on reading your post, too. It's always better to learn from something than to just get angry and run away from criticism.

And while I didn't read your locked thread, I can sympathize with what your title said. Small children like me, girls seem to avoid me, and old women love me.

But since I don't age like Merlin, I'm just holding out for a woman who's mature enough, but not quite that mature.

;)

cricket

i never saw the post, but i think it's really nice of you to apologize when you could have let it go and hope no one notices or remembers, since you say the thread is locked now. it shows that you're sincere in your apology, so thank you :)

i know i'm guilty of saying things i don't really mean, we all slip up once in a while ::p:

mrb

dont beat yourself up to much mate , you said sorry , we all say silly things sometimes :) if i had a pound for evrey time i said something silly , id have more money than richard branson :cool:

Felgen

Emotions will often cloud your judgement--and you may say or do things that you don't mean. However, if I can't vent here when I really need it (such as my hatred of talking on the phone), there really isn't anywhere else I can turn.

lyricalliaisons

I think it's great that you're owning up to your mistakes & apologizing for them :D. Not a lot of people would do that. You should be very proud of yourself :)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
It's not an useless post. It's very kind and mature of you that you admit your mistake and apologize. You're awesome for doing that :D

Walk

Emotions will often cloud your judgement--and you may say or do things that you don't mean.

That's the bottom line.

Thanks, my Norwegian friend, and to everyone else too. Feel better now.
I do think that as we get older, we should learn to control our emotions better as much as we can.

Danfalc

Banned
I do think that as we get older, we should learn to control our emotions better as much as we can.

Still it's easy to let our emotions get the better of us sometimes.Happens to the best of us.Being able to hold your hands up and say your sorry is the true sign of maturity in my books so rep for you.:)