Can't seem to get it together :(

Lou-s-Darkness

Hello world...
Does anyone here feel like they can't function properly? Like we're abnormal beings that people just want to avoid like the plague?
It seems that I can't interact properly with others. It comes to me as no surprise, since I've been acting this way since early childhood, but it gets worse and worse as time passes. I don't know what I ever did to people for them to hate/ignore/avoid me.

I guess I'm just really pissed off because I'm being left behind all the time. Today was actually a friend's birthday (though after today I doubt we're anywhere near remaining friends, seeing as how I am no longer interested). We used to be friends in high school along with 3 other girls, because I didn't really have friends back then other than them. I really thought we shared a bond that would last for some time, but as time progressed and we're all in college now, I found they have forgotten completely about me. They always hang out and act like they're sisters, yet leaving me out of the equation completely for some unfathomable reason.

We all met at the same time, it's not like they were all friends and I just joined...Anyway, she was all happy she was finally 20 and celebrating ...but she was out partying and having fun with those 3 other girls and didn't even bother asking me...as though they really wanted to have a good time without me being there.

I know to some this may appear as an insignificant situation, but this happens all the time to me and it's hard to move on when it comes back haunting you every time you try to advance and change your ways.

I obviously know that people change, and not many people stay good and kind to you, but this isn't the first time it's happened. A friend who used to be best-friends with me since 8th grade (I am now 19) just stopped talking to me...and avoiding me like I was a very dark cloud hovering over her just a few months ago.

Whew, that's quite a lot...it felt good to let it out.

Do many of you feel this way often? Exasperated when trying to keep relationships and interact the way "normal" people should act?
Or do any of you feel like people are using/hurting you, like you just can't do this anymore?

:alone:

iheartyou

I feel your pain, I really do understand what you're going through because I'm going through something similar. All my 'friends' are leaving me out of everything for absolutely no reason. I'm 19 too!

When my friends leave me out of stuff, and the more it happens, the more I feel like isolating myself from friends all together. I don't even want to try to make friends anymore because I assume they're all the same :(

But know that you're not alone. Many people our age feel the same exact way and it's okay. Just hold onto the faith that things will fall into place :)

We should be friends! :D haha

DarkPhoenix

I totally get where youre coming from, nearly all of my high school friends have distanced themselves from me because i guess im not fun enough to be a part of their lives. Most of my work colleagues avoid being around me, even if i try to be nice to them. It makes me bitter and sad. Fortunately there are a few(very few) people in my life that accept me for who i am, they are all that keep me going.

Lou-s-Darkness

I totally get where youre coming from, nearly all of my high school friends have distanced themselves from me because i guess im not fun enough to be a part of their lives. Most of my work colleagues avoid being around me, even if i try to be nice to them. It makes me bitter and sad. Fortunately there are a few(very few) people in my life that accept me for who i am, they are all that keep me going.
Yes, exactly. Ok let's just say that, alright, high school relationships won't last yadda yadda yadda and it is something everyone agrees on. But what about when you go to college for example or try to get a job and everyone still won't open up to you and won't try to approach you. It's just a never ending cycle. And the thing is...I guess I'm not fun enough either for some apparent reason. If you really get to know me I'm psycho (lol) funny, kind, and crazy hilarious person.

But not everybody sees it that way.

And it's great you have people (even if a few) that support you. Unfortunately for me I don't. I have a friend who suffers from depression and other things, and we talk quite often. But no one else gets it really. That's the extent...

Lou-s-Darkness

I feel your pain, I really do understand what you're going through because I'm going through something similar. All my 'friends' are leaving me out of everything for absolutely no reason. I'm 19 too!

When my friends leave me out of stuff, and the more it happens, the more I feel like isolating myself from friends all together. I don't even want to try to make friends anymore because I assume they're all the same :(

But know that you're not alone. Many people our age feel the same exact way and it's okay. Just hold onto the faith that things will fall into place :)

We should be friends! :D haha
Haha yeah! We should totally be friends lol. I wish there was like a mini community of people with SA where I live...then things wouldn't be so hard.

And that's actually what I do now. I try not to make friends, because I know they'll just never accept me for who I really am. I talk to a few people in class but that's because I've known them for 4 semesters...Other than that I only respond to people if I'm addressed (with great difficulty though lol)

I know how it is and I know how people are, but it's just these little things that get to you every now and then.

jaim38

I know what you're talking about. It's like we're the "black sheep" no matter where we are or which group of people we hang out with. I have "friends" but many times, they don't invite me to places. I have to do the inviting. I also have to initiate the chat sessions and the emails. I get the feeling some friends want to keep me at a distance. Sure, they are still nice to me and when I ask them to hang out, they will, but there's still this "barrier" that keeps us at arm's length. It's like something is preventing us from getting closer.

Lou-s-Darkness

I know what you're talking about. It's like we're the "black sheep" no matter where we are or which group of people we hang out with. I have "friends" but many times, they don't invite me to places. I have to do the inviting. I also have to initiate the chat sessions and the emails. I get the feeling some friends want to keep me at a distance. Sure, they are still nice to me and when I ask them to hang out, they will, but there's still this "barrier" that keeps us at arm's length. It's like something is preventing us from getting closer.
You just summed up my life completely buddy. It's like an unsolvable mystery...sigh -__-U

LoyalXenite

i too have always had this problem. Sometimes they will say "oh we didnt think you'd want to come" or that "we thought you wouldnt be able to afford it". But it still sucks no matter what their excuse is.

I've had the problem since i was a child and never knew if it was something i was doing or people just hated me on principle really.. I also suspect it will never go away.

Lou-s-Darkness

i too have always had this problem. Sometimes they will say "oh we didnt think you'd want to come" or that "we thought you wouldnt be able to afford it". But it still sucks no matter what their excuse is.

I've had the problem since i was a child and never knew if it was something i was doing or people just hated me on principle really.. I also suspect it will never go away.
That's pretty much what everyone says to me as well....but they mostly say "oh we just forgot" or "we didn't have time to ask you" or "we didn't think you'd want to hang..."
And I doubt it'll get better for me...for some people it may, but I just know it won't be happening for me.