Can this mean that I might be really ugly?

w*n*c*a*m

I dont think it has something to do with your overall appearance. I have a gut feeling that you have the 'sanpaku' eyes (just google it) which people might find piercing to look at.

andropen

I dont think it has something to do with your overall appearance. I have a gut feeling that you have the 'sanpaku' eyes (just google it) which people might find piercing to look at.

No, I don't. No white is visible below iris with my eyes.

Believe me, when you are ugly, people will tell you directly.

No one has ever told me that ever, so maybe that's a good sign.

But what does it mean when people turn their heads away just so that they don't have to look at me? It surely seems to me like it's their way of showing me that they are disapproving of me in some way.

Anyway, thanks all for your replies.

Believe me, when you are ugly, people will tell you directly
Well, either directly or indirectly. Depends on how confrontational the person/people are. I can recall only one time sby i knew said i was ugly & also said to wear a paper bag over my head & to make ghost noises (which i did right away, to call their bluff). Another time the person said (after not seeing for a year/so) 'still as ugly as ever'. I can recall one time where sby said loudly 'god he's ugly' (direct comment, but said indirectly). The rest of the times, were indirect stuff, like being laughed at by groups, being called names, belittling, bullying, etc.

But there will also be times, for some people, where it's said, but means the exact opposite (ie sarcasm). I've even done it myself. When i reached the teen girl cashier at a supermarket, i blurted out 'woah! ugly!', then apologised saying 'just kidding' (she was very pretty; perhaps i was trying to flirt, i think). Another time i said to an attractive teen girl at my workplace sth like 'you look like more of a man than i do!' (it was meant to be a compliment, but she walked off the job right then & there!). :giggle:

Last edited:

grapevine

Ive found that people around you can sense and mirror how you feel about yourself.
Its so true because when I have felt really good about myself and applied self care and embraced myself - actually started to accept and like how I looked for my faults and all - I seem more at ease to be around and notice that other people are attracted to people that seem secure in themselves because most people are not secure at all.
Social communication is what you put out. If your putting out that you dont like yourself and dont want to be seen or acknowledged, then people will give you that.

But that does not mean that you are ugly, or unsociable - or anything like that at all. Just sometimes - if not often we need to be in our shell and try to find our identities and what we like about ourselves , who we are.. etc..

And the thing is, that we are not anything what others think we are- we are only what we think we are.

Ljj77700

If people are avoiding eye contact with you, it is always for a specific reason. It may not be your appearance. It could be something else. Maybe you are feeding too much into this. Don't try to feed too much into this. Whether or not a person is "ugly" or attractive is subjective. If you don't like your appearance, then there are ways to be okay with how you feel. You shouldn't feel flawed for your appearance, though.

I hope I helped.

grapevine

Yeah I get what you mean too as I experience it and it always makes me come away with such a negative feeling about myself. Esp with Body Dysmorphia.

I also get others ignoring me when I talk too- and Im talking loud enough.

My two cents, is that there have been times when I have had my moments - when others have looked at me and been quite nice and made me feel special ( and its made my day).

I think there are times this can happen. But they happen (well at least for me) , when I have done my homework on myself - when I have stripped apart what I dont like about myself and found ways to work through those things through self care and acceptance and really try to actually like myself and know who I am and my values etc.. and also work on my communication skills.

When I have made the time to do those things in the past - I have had mostly very positive experiences with people and its reflected back at me - because others see and respond to how we see ourselves.. (I think).