Can someone explain to me how this funny thing works

hangbi92

I got this from the Health Fair at my school. Hold ur thumb on the square and it will change color based on your mood

I have no idea how it works or what principle it bases on, but it seems to be true for me. I always get the hateful black no matter how many times I try. And my friend, who is a very dynamic person, always gets the blue one.
Does anyone have any clue about this?

agoraphobickatie

blehhh.. it's like a 'mood ring', i have no idea how those things work.. body heat? pressure? who knows.. i've always thought they were a load of crap, haha :)

hangbi92

I really dont understand that thing:confused:

Yeah me neither. But i think its very funny :)
I think it must have something to do with the body temperature or sweat. But I tried to warm up my hands and put some water on my thumb and still got this black ::(:

Last edited:

hangbi92

blehhh.. it's like a 'mood ring', i have no idea how those things work.. body heat? pressure? who knows.. i've always thought they were a load of crap, haha :)

Oh my friend has that mood ring :)
She just bought it on her recent trip
I tried it and I got sth like mixed mood (and I think this one was true for me too). Cause I felt a bit comfortable talking to her but still a little depressed because of my SP

Emily_G

Made me think of mood rings too...I think it has to do with body heat, when you are stressed, tense whatever you get hotter.

I've heard somewhere that higher stress levels can cause one to become a better conductor of electricity or something like that. Maybe it's based on some kind of conductivity.

hangbi92

Oh, lol, idk then. I don't know how they work, or if they even do anything...

It does change color. I asked some of my friends to try it and the color matched their mood

I've heard somewhere that higher stress levels can cause one to become a better conductor of electricity or something like that. Maybe it's based on some kind of conductivity.

Hmm, this sounds logical