can revolution happen in your country too ?

Honda

Its actually a worldwide problem that business men run and control countries; hence moving matters to their own interests..

Example: the middle east was greed working at its finest.. Basically a puppet dictator is financially aided from outside forces (such as the Soviet Union, US, France, etc) to overthrow and existent regime in his country and then control it with terror, religion and corruption.. Local businessmen and family members of the dictator take advantage of the control posed on the country.. Later on foreign businessmen/senators/ministers come inside to check out how their puppet dictator set the nation so they can start investing and making a profit out of it even if it costs blood of innocent people..
People in those countries go fed up and knew that after decades of false hopes, bloodshed and corruption there's no future.. So they decided to fight for freedom and their rights..

Feathers

I think it's all about the oil (or mostly) in the Middle East/Noth Africa...
So I hope we manage to break our dependency on oil, as world and the countries... and find more environmentally friendly ways of living..

The protests & happenings do scare me a bit.. I hope things will be settled peacefully in North Africa and Middle East... or as peacefully as possible..
I wonder how wise it was for USA to sell its soul to China, so to speak of...? (And our 'wise' politicians - at least some of them - wouldn't mind it either??) We don't have oil so I think we're pretty safe (?)

Some protests have been happening in our country too - last year students, then public union workers, which I think is sad, because some people in the private sector have been much more exploited too... Government seems a bit clueless about it all.. and the biz/economics people (or at least pretending to be, while buying yachts and offshoring everything) I don't see a real 'revolution', we're so small that a newspaper writes a small 'tsunami' could flush us off anyway (?) Sometimes it's better to live in a small country than a big one though...

I think it's time that people realize that 'the state' is not 'savior of all troubles' and that we have to learn how to live well and help each other as communities etc too.

vj & Easy, lol!! :) you guys do brighten up a thread! :)

eek

I don't know. I think the US is in a lot of trouble though. We are not even half the age of the Roman empire and already a large portion of the world hates us. Stop bombing people.

Imagine if the dollar lost its crown? No other countries would accept it anymore and it would lose its value, especially since it seems like we just keep printing more and more...

Either way, whatever may happen... when it may happen or where - I am ready. I realize that there's nothing that I can do about it and crying about it won't help - so just survive through it :).

Oil prices!!

Also, gold and silver seem to be going through the roof as well (seems the smart people are buying a lot of this to prevent from losing the worth of their wealth).

o_O... Scary.

Honestly, I think a BIG change will happen soon in the world - change our lifes forever. What it is, I don't know, I just have a feeling ;)

Cynic

I would hope so here for the UK too. But aslong its not replaced with a regeime thats not any better.
That's always the worry. Even with all these revolutions going on around the globe, let's hope Islamic Fundamentalists don't replace these ousted regimes or WWIII is on the cards.

Americans, as a whole, are too complacent with their lives.
Same with Brits...oh wait, we are Americans of the 51st state. ::p:

I hope we manage to break our dependency on oil
The day that happens will be a good one.

I wonder how wise it was for USA to sell its soul to China, so to speak of...?
Aye and I'm sure I heard China could walk in and take over America anytime.