Can herbal tea cauae vivid dreams?

FriendlyShadow

I have vivid dreams every night, and wake up feeling exhausted. I think it's a side effect of my meds. Are you on any medication? I'd be surprised if it was related exclusively to drinking tea.

I tend to know I've slept due to my body feeling rested, but obviously my mind doesn't. If both my mind and body feel tired, I'll know I didn't sleep. As far as I know it's healthy to dream but to generally be unaware of it in great detail when you wake. You might wanna look up REM sleep disorder.

I don't think I have REM sleep disorder.... I've never had any jerk movements upon waking up from a bad dream. I think maybe my vivid dreams have more to do with what I'm actually dealing with in life and that could make sense.

The more repetitive my life is, the more I keep having those same desires in my dreams, like running away from home. I don't know though. I'm pretty healthy, have a good diet, I mostly drink water, my blood pressure's not high, and it's not like I got black circles under my eyes. I must admit I am a little underweight, around 98 pounds I think.

I've been recently dreaming about my favorite movies too (Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, ect.) Funny story, right before I went to bed I was watching this scene from a drama movie between two couple arguing in a living room and as soon as I went to bed, I literally dreamt about THAT scene. I wasn't even thinking about it. It took place in the same exact setting and there was still the couple but they weren't arguing.

DeadmanWalking

One question: How often do you use your laptop? I try to dim the brightness on my cellphone to the lowest setting so I don't receive so much artificial blue light.

Honestly, I'm afraid of my future and I have so much on my plate for someone so young. I don't think my family has any history of sleep disorders, though my dad has said that there are times he's been unable to fall asleep. My mom has also told me she tosses and turns at night too at times. She comes home from work laying on the couch exaughsted because she gets up at 2 in the morning. When I went to bed last night after I drank my tea, I literally couldn't stop running to the bathroom. It's so damn annoying! It only happens from time to time.
It's kinda embarrassing to say, but I use mine a lot. About as much as anyone would use their TV. I do my best to dim my lights down too, mostly to ensure that I don't go blind or something.

It sounds like your sleep problems may be genetic or it could be caused by outside influences, like nature vs nurture. I wonder if they went through similar things when they were younger. But, please don't be scared. You can make it. As long as you don't give up and keep fighting, you'll make it through

FriendlyShadow

I'm starting to wonder if I'm just naturally a lucid dreamer(though there are dreams where I'm not aware I'm dreaming.) Even to this day, I could tell you about a certain dream I had 10 years ago and remember almost exactly what it was about.

Last edited:

planemo

Oh, and not to sound gross, but I have dreams about going to the bathroom a lot.

Me too. It's usually just by brain telling my body, to get up and answer the call of nature.

Would you regard yourself as a sensitive person? I wouldn't be surprised if sensitive people have more sensitive nervous systems, and restless sleep occurs as a result of shock / trauma.

FriendlyShadow

Me too. It's usually just by brain telling my body, to get up and answer the call of nature.

Would you regard yourself as a sensitive person? I wouldn't be surprised if sensitive people have more sensitive nervous systems, and restless sleep occurs as a result of shock / trauma.

I'm very emotionally sensitive. I heard that dreams about going to the bathroom symbolize emotional release. I am compelled to agree that having trauma/depression increases the intensity of dreams.