Can herbal tea cauae vivid dreams?

FriendlyShadow

Now Friendly.. tell me about these sexual dreams you're having.. and in great detail if you don't mind..

It's ok, I'm a doctor.

I actually had a dream where I was with this girl and I were giving each other oral sex. It felt sorta pleasurable I think... but it's not much of a turn on for me.

DeadmanWalking

There was one dream where I literally told myself I was dreaming and... it was so weird. I suddenly flew off the ground so fast for a few seconds before the dream was over. I wonder if keeping a dream journal can help lessen the intensity of those dreams. I honestly think my depression mixed with my anxiety/racing thoughts is probably one of the major causes from having these dreams. Family stress can add to that.
Hm, keeping a dream journal, or really just a journal in general, might be a good idea. People do say that there's meanings in the dreams you have, so you could write them down and decipher them later. And/Or it could be a way to get your feelings put into words. I used to write in a journal on here and it did help to get some advice and get my thoughts out since holding them in was killing me on the inside. Maybe having a journal could do the same for you. You seem like you hold a lot of stuff in and it's concerning.

On the flipside though, the only time I've been able to notice that I'm in a dream is when I'm having a nightmare. I try to tell myself that to wake myself up and it never works. It's rather terrifying when it happens, to be honest. It's like saying those words only puts me in deeper in my dreams.

FriendlyShadow

Can anyone also tell me the difference between dreaming and sleeping? I always thought they meant the same thing. Are there ways to know you slept if you don't feel like you did? And does dreaming mean better sleep if you remember them?

DeadmanWalking

Can anyone also tell me the difference between dreaming and sleeping? I always thought they meant the same thing. Are there ways to know you slept if you don't feel like you did? And does dreaming mean better sleep if you remember them?
I think the difference between the two is that dreaming is a deeper form of sleeping. You can sleep without a dream but you can't dream (in the typical sense) without sleeping. Recently, I've been able to sleep without dreaming. My eyes are closed and I can acknowledge that I'm asleep/have been asleep, but there aren't any dreams. There's just darkness. It's sorta like that, I imagine.

FriendlyShadow

I think the difference between the two is that dreaming is a deeper form of sleeping. You can sleep without a dream but you can't dream (in the typical sense) without sleeping. Recently, I've been able to sleep without dreaming. My eyes are closed and I can acknowledge that I'm asleep/have been asleep, but there aren't any dreams. There's just darkness. It's sorta like that, I imagine.

But wouldn't that mean more like you're resting though? I've always wondered why I was able to remember my dreams all the time.

planemo

I have vivid dreams every night, and wake up feeling exhausted. I think it's a side effect of my meds. Are you on any medication? I'd be surprised if it was related exclusively to drinking tea.

I tend to know I've slept due to my body feeling rested, but obviously my mind doesn't. If both my mind and body feel tired, I'll know I didn't sleep. As far as I know it's healthy to dream but to generally be unaware of it in great detail when you wake. You might wanna look up REM sleep disorder.

FriendlyShadow

I have vivid dreams every night, and wake up feeling exhausted. I think it's a side effect of my meds. Are you on any medication? I'd be surprised if it was related exclusively to drinking tea.

I tend to know I've slept due to my body feeling rested, but obviously my mind doesn't. If both my mind and body feel tired, I'll know I didn't sleep. As far as I know it's healthy to dream but to generally be unaware of it in great detail when you wake. You might wanna look up REM sleep disorder.

I'm taking natural supplements, plus medical marajuana to treat my anxiety. Though, vivid dreams are nothing new to me. There are certain scenarios in my dream that I can remember very well if I give myself a few minutes to think about it.

Sometimes, I felt like I had slept when it doesn't feel like I did. I also check if I have "sleepers" in the corners of my eyes when I rub them. That usually tells me if I slept.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I've always dream't vividly. When I was younger I could fly in my dreams. At first it was basically uncontrolled flying, but I learned to control it and I loved it. I became aware that I was dreaming and learned to do things in dreams that I could never in real life. I really miss that as I don't fly in dreams anymore.
I'm not sure if remembering your dreams means you've had better sleep, but if you've had uncomfortable or bad dreams as planemo said, you can wake feeling bad, anxious, exhausted etc.

DeadmanWalking

But wouldn't that mean more like you're resting though? I've always wondered why I was able to remember my dreams all the time.
It may depend on how deep you sleep. I guess you may sleep lighter than I do (which may be genetic or due to stress), so your mind might retain more information than me (then again, my first and only thought when I first wake up is usually how I want to go back to sleep, so anything besides that gets kicked to the wayside to be remembered or forgotten eventually). Of course, I'm no somnologist so I can't say for sure:unsure:. I'd really have to hear everything to get a better understanding.

FriendlyShadow

It may depend on how deep you sleep. I guess you may sleep lighter than I do (which may be genetic or due to stress), so your mind might retain more information than me (then again, my first and only thought when I first wake up is usually how I want to go back to sleep, so anything besides that gets kicked to the wayside to be remembered or forgotten eventually). Of course, I'm no somnologist so I can't say for sure:unsure:. I'd really have to hear everything to get a better understanding.

I've noticed that when I have slept, I'm a lot less anxious then when I tried to fall asleep the first time. I tend to keep waking up in the middle of the night too and sometimes that can make it harder to go back to sleep.

FriendlyShadow

Before, when I worked at an earlier shift at Marshall's, I ALWAYS felt like I wanted to sleep despite how the fact that I did get a good amount of sleep including naps. My eyelids would start drooping and as soon as I came home I'd fall straight to bed. Now, I don't feel tired like I used to. The anxiety is still there.

DeadmanWalking

I've noticed that when I have slept, I'm a lot less anxious then when I tried to fall asleep the first time. I tend to keep waking up in the middle of the night too and sometimes that can make it harder to go back to sleep.
Hm, how well do you handle change? Maybe the change is getting you high strung. It could also be your home situation that has you on edge that's affecting your sleep. You say your mom wakes up screaming sometimes. It could be that it's happened enough to create a sort of Pavlovian response where you sleep lighter to wake up for her.

As for the second part, maybe the stress and situation is subconsciously keeping you up. Or maybe it's just random or a different situation entirely. I mean, I know I've had times when I couldn't get to sleep after waking up, but that was usually because I wake up completely because of the light from my laptop. Do you know if your family has a history of sleep disorders?

FriendlyShadow

Hm, how well do you handle change? Maybe the change is getting you high strung. It could also be your home situation that has you on edge that's affecting your sleep. You say your mom wakes up screaming sometimes. It could be that it's happened enough to create a sort of Pavlovian response where you sleep lighter to wake up for her.

As for the second part, maybe the stress and situation is subconsciously keeping you up. Or maybe it's just random or a different situation entirely. I mean, I know I've had times when I couldn't get to sleep after waking up, but that was usually because I wake up completely because of the light from my laptop. Do you know if your family has a history of sleep disorders?

One question: How often do you use your laptop? I try to dim the brightness on my cellphone to the lowest setting so I don't receive so much artificial blue light.

Honestly, I'm afraid of my future and I have so much on my plate for someone so young. I don't think my family has any history of sleep disorders, though my dad has said that there are times he's been unable to fall asleep. My mom has also told me she tosses and turns at night too at times. She comes home from work laying on the couch exaughsted because she gets up at 2 in the morning. When I went to bed last night after I drank my tea, I literally couldn't stop running to the bathroom. It's so damn annoying! It only happens from time to time.