Can anyone talk right now?

findingbeauty

Hey, is anyone feeling they need some human contact right now? Want to skype right now (voice only - and I'll be leaving to go somewhere in an an hour)? I am struggling with anxiety and depression myself right now and can either talk or would be happy to listen and support someone in the same boat.

My skype address is Finding_Beauty. Just type SPW in your message so I know you're from this site. I hope to hear from someone out there.

findingbeauty

I know this is social phobia world, but doesn't anyone out there want to talk live? I feel safe doing this because skype is anonymous (if you set it up that way). Sometimes, I feel lonely, but sitting at the computer, even if it's a support forum, can feel lonely and lifeless, too. Please let me know if anyone is interested in this type of interaction. Also, if anyone knows of any skype support communities or other ways I could find others to connect with via skype. Thanks.

Marc7

I willing to talk to you idk about right this minute though and plus I don't know how to do voice chat without paying money.

Quietguy11

The thought of talking only increases my anxiety. I am shy and introverted, so you probably wouldn't be satisfied with having a conversation with me. lol

I would prefer just to Chat on here if you ever wanted to.

findingbeauty

Thanks for replying each of you! Even if just to say you're not comfortable :) Feels good to get some response.

lttalk74, here is a video that shows you how to call for free (but it starts by talking about how to make paid calls for so wait it out: How to Use Skype: Making and Answering Calls - YouTube.

I'll just check in on skype next time I can talk. Maybe a little tomorrow night.
Thanks for adding me Diend.

id love to talk, not now and i dont know when, but there are a lot of times when i feel the need to talk, and wished it was someone who can relate to having social anxiety.

Just this past day or so, i have been thinking about ways to increase my "social", as at present it's pretty much at nill/zero. Being a very systemanic person, I made a quick list of the degrees of social that one can partake in (i might start a thread on that soon). One of the items in it was to use Skype (or phone), to have real/live chat with people (as i don't even talk to people on the phone!). No video of course, couldn't handle that.

So using Skype is suppose is one of the things i may need to do, to try and increase my social. But i am a worrier by nature, and so i am already worrying & generally being negative/doubtful/pessimistic about it. Like: what would i talk about?. Or when would i call them?. What if i'm busy & they call me?. What if i'm in bad/poor mood (usually am, which is a big hurdle to overcome which contributes quite a lot to my avoiding social contact). Should they be in the same age group only? What if i get bored? What if i bore them? Have i got the time for such stuff? Is it the best/good use of my time? Fear of the unknown. Fear of novelty/wierdness. Fear of unplanned things. And on and on and on it goes.......... :eek:h: :rolleyes:

JuicyFruit

I can just barely do chat. going skype voice would be a too long leap for me.
I wish I could thou, but,.. meow

findingbeauty

lttalk74, here is a video that shows you how to call for free (but it starts by talking about how to make paid calls for so wait it out: How to Use Skype: Making and Answering Calls - YouTube.

um does that work for unfriends too?

btw thank you for that video.

No, you have to look the person up and request them. It shows in the video. If you don't want to add anyone to your personal account, create an anonymous one.

LoyalXenite

Its been a few days since you posted this thred, so im rather later but i hope you're feeling a bit better now

findingbeauty

Just this past day or so, i have been thinking about ways to increase my "social", as at present it's pretty much at nill/zero. Being a very systemanic person, I made a quick list of the degrees of social that one can partake in (i might start a thread on that soon). One of the items in it was to use Skype (or phone), to have real/live chat with people (as i don't even talk to people on the phone!). No video of course, couldn't handle that.

So using Skype is suppose is one of the things i may need to do, to try and increase my social. But i am a worrier by nature, and so i am already worrying & generally being negative/doubtful/pessimistic about it. Like: what would i talk about?. Or when would i call them?. What if i'm busy & they call me?. What if i'm in bad/poor mood (usually am, which is a big hurdle to overcome which contributes quite a lot to my avoiding social contact). Should they be in the same age group only? What if i get bored? What if i bore them? Have i got the time for such stuff? Is it the best/good use of my time? Fear of the unknown. Fear of novelty/wierdness. Fear of unplanned things. And on and on and on it goes.......... :eek:h: :rolleyes:

I guess I should explain a little about myself. I am a loner and have trouble "bonding" with people. I'm awkward and usually feel I get less in relationships than I give (primarily when it comes to attention and doing what the other person wants). I don't have as hard of a time talking with strangers, especially if I know upfront that they struggle with the same issues in some form or fashion. It depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes I can be awkward with strangers, too, but typically I'm more awkward with people who know me, but that I am not close to.

I do worry a little about situations that may come up using skype with people on this site. I haven't actually had a chance to talk to anyone yet, but have added two people. Since you are curious about using skype to socialize, I wonder if you have any ideas that could help both parties feel safe...maybe some guidelines? I thought maybe first calls could be limited to a few minutes, so that no one feels bad if it's not going well or if anyone's uncomfortable. However, if everything is going well it would be a shame to cut it short. Anyway, would you be interested in trying to come up with some guidelines? I think it could be really helpful to SA people to improve social skills and/or just to alleviate some of the loneliness.

findingbeauty

Its been a few days since you posted this thred, so im rather later but i hope you're feeling a bit better now

Hey, thanks! I am just barely feeling better today. Super sleepy though and ready to jump in bed and go to sleep! Have a good night/day (depending where in the world you are :))