bullying ruined my life

JamesSmith

I've had occasional bullying throughout life cuz of my shyness. Mostly just people calling me names, nothing physical really.

Liam17

Yeah i was bullied for about 5 years.

This lead to me self harming etc.

Life's too short now though, to care what people think. I just get wasted everyday and enjoy life, another plus is i forget the past.

Not much advice i can give :/

Last edited:

StupidWiz

You're really strong for surviving it all though. Really strong and you should feel proud of that fact.
This. I was bullied verbally the entire childhood. And I always say that to myself whenever ppl say awful nasty things about me.

I read your story and i'm sorry to hear you had such a tough time but take comfort in the fact that your not alone many people expeirence bullying in there life.

jus

little offtopic, but I wasnt actualy aware bullies physically assaulted people at school, but after reading these topics from the forums its clear they actualy do. I went to 3 high schools in Australia and dont once think I ever heard of anyone ever being physically bullied, there were fights and what not, but they were planned.

Just wondering if the other Aus folk found similar experiences, seems like schools a lil tougher in EU & US ?

irish_bob

im all for using physical violence to deal with bullys but what if your bully was a female and it happened in a workplace setting

i was visciously bullied while working overseas as a twenty year old over a decade ago , was always a bit fragile due to having grown up with an uncaring father who never had a kind word for me in my entire life but i managed to stay strong for the 1st twenty years of my life , this nazi however completley shattered my self confidence ,self esteem and robbed me of my dignity , even worse , for a while , i bought into the idea that i was all the things she branded me and made bad self destructive descisions off the back of theese false appraisals , she was a strong individual and i was foolish to have ever gotten into a battle of wills with such a ruthless and maliscious charechter , the whole experience has left me incurabley bitter and has left me with clinical depression which is the opposite of what i was prior to this horrible experience , not a day goes by that i dont think of how this individual humilaiated and villified me , i dont believe i will ever get over it , ive no idea where this person even is right now but i hope that some day i can confront her for having destroyed my life

gaddie

Hi all,

I would like to say that I myself have also been bullied quite a few times within my life and yes it is true that you won't forget the bullying experiences, the experiences won't sting you forever. For anyone reading this who feels that they can't get over their bullying experiences, I would recommend that you seek some kind of professional help. Bullying (physical or mental) is a traumatic experience in your life and like been mugged or in a war zone, you can suffer PTSD in the process. Therefore seek help, NLP is very good form thearpy for helping people overcome PTSD.

Yet beyond this, don't put up with bullying. I have been bullied quite a few times in my life and I would openly say that despite the bullying, I always believe that one should try and stop the bullying, not necessarily by physical violence. In fact I would highly recommend not using physical violence because knowing sods law, you will get caught in the act. And do you think the bully will happily accept responsibility and confess - of course not, they will blame you for everything.
Hope this helps
Alex Gadd
Author Beat The Bully: A Guide To Dealing With Adult Bullying