Bullies bully for arbitary reasons.

Brit

For example, a very charitible girl at in my year (The girl is 13) is bullied because she is 'fat'.

:eek:h:

ImNotMyIllness

For example, a very charitible girl at in my year (The girl is 13) is bullied because she is 'fat'.

:eek:h:

It's sad. But, kids bully because they are insecure and unhappy. Bullying is a great way to deflect attention away from themselves at the expense of others. I remember being called lot of names in school.

........When you become an adult. Later on in your life. You'll forgive them. You'll realize that they were too young, confused and stupid. But, being a kid now yourself, it is really hurtful. I am sorry you have to deal with bullies. It will get better.

jaim38

Yes, you're a good kid Brit! Some people bully because they want to fit in, but you chose not to, which is courageous. When I was in elementary school and 6th grade, I didn't treat my friends and other people very well because I had so much bad influences around me; I was mean. But now I have matured more and knew better.

j35clifford

I think kids bully because it gives them a sense of self importance, but its short lived, unlike the damage it often does to the victim. I just wish kids appreciated what they are doing when they bully others, i expect bullies often just lack awareness.

ImNotMyIllness

I think kids bully because it gives them a sense of self importance, but its short lived, unlike the damage it often does to the victim. I just wish kids appreciated what they are doing when they bully others, i expect bullies often just lack awareness.

They're kids. You can't blame them. Their brains are still developing. In fact, the frontal cortex (thinking, decision making part) doesn't fully mature until age 25.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Bullies have a lot of issues themselves and look for a scapegoat instead of doing something to cope better.

I have no empathy for them. Being insecure, having family issues, being abused by your parents, whatever. Nothing of that is a f*cking excuse to make someone's life miserable.

If any of my bullies came to me today and told me they're sorry, but their mommy didn't give them enough hugs as a child so they chose to beat me up everyday to relieve their pain, I'd tell them to screw themselves. I don't care about their reasons, whatever they might be. Call me hateful, call me a jerk, I just don't feel anything towards them. We are not anyone's punching bags.

Bullies have a lot of issues themselves and look for a scapegoat instead of doing something to cope better.

I have no empathy for them. Being insecure, having family issues, being abused by your parents, whatever. Nothing of that is a f*cking excuse to make someone's life miserable.

If any of my bullies came to me today and told me they're sorry, but their mommy didn't give them enough hugs as a child so they chose to beat me up everyday to relieve their pain, I'd tell them to screw themselves. I don't care about their reasons, whatever they might be. Call me hateful, call me a jerk, I just don't feel anything towards them. We are not anyone's punching bags.

^I totally agree with you Hellhound.

Children may not be mature, but they are still able to recognize when they are hurting another person. To still continue to hurt someone (for any reason) is inexcusable.

ImNotMyIllness

I agree it is wrong but I don't blame then until they're adults. Kids are just mean! Parents and schools need to be more active. It appears things are getting better. Back when I went to school, Bullying was acceptable. Now, many schools have very strict policies against it.

ImNotMyIllness

The adults should know better! I had this older bully chase me around a Yard Duty. He tried to grab me but I flung him away. He got suspended (like he wanted) but I was made to pick up trash for fighting.......fighting????? I was scared to death!

Brit

I accept all of your views.

This must be the only site which doesn't get into massive fights for their opinions.

I wish the entire internet was like this site, but, that'll never happen.

gustavofring

I am of the unpopular belief that bullying is programmed genetic behavior.

It's been around for so long and people still think that it can be fought. In each generation there will arise new bullies and new victims. It's a sad reality, but it's human nature.

Recently some kid killed herself here in my country after being bullied. It's a bit of a shock in the news now and people show their sympathies and disgust of bullying. But after a while, when that has subsided, the cruel unthoughtful bullying behavior will resurface again somewhere else as it always does.

laure15

^I think so too. If you look at the animal kingdom, the alpha males dominate over the beta males. Predators prey on the weak. Animals eat plants, humans hunt and eat animals and plants. The entire food chain is filled with bullies and victims. Only the strongest and the fittest survive to reproduce.

Even though it's programmed genetic behavior, I believe we humans have the will to resist the urge to bully. For example, sometimes when a bully harasses me, I wanted to harass the bully back, but my conscience tells me no. Because doing so would make me a bully too.

Esperance

I'm totally against Bullying because well, it happens when people are kids. If I believe that the bullies are responsable for what they do because being a child isn't a forme of mental illness, they know that it hurts the other people and should be able to stop it, I believe it's very dangerous for the victims because if they can't get over it, if they can't stand up, well they will get a low self-esteem or depression in the future

Gadfly

The most pernicious lie about bullying propogated by the flaccid-brained feel good easy solution media is that it's because of 'poor self-esteem'. Coddling evil is what America is all about. Bullies usually have high self-esteem. Most people vie for dominance when they think they can win, gaining social prestige (or maybe just some lunch money) by inducing fear. If you're good at it and get away with it, it becomes habit forming and for some percentage the sadistic joy they derive from it becomes their defining characteristic. We call them rapists/sociopaths/murderers...or 'Boss'. :)

laure15

^I agree. The bullies who bullied me don't look like they have low self-esteem at all. Quite the opposite - they appear overconfident, very social, arrogant, and popular. Sometimes I wonder if they come from good stable families who spoil them too much. They know I have low self-esteem, they can tell I was quiet and scared, but they still bully me.