Boyfriend dumped me..

mmmm

Hang on. I'm trying to think of a way to say this without seeming horribly judging.

Your dad left and your boyfriend still expected you to be all sparky with him? And when you went down into a well justified depression, your boyfriend ditched you as if you had done something wrong by being a bit down? I realise you still love him and will probably want to defend him against the hurtful things I am saying but I think if he decides he wants you back, you should make him work hard before you accept him (even if you really want him back). It sounds like you were perfectly willing to stand by him while he was going through his stuff but that the feeling was not mutual. I believe you when you say you love him more than life and I want you to be with someone who feels the same about you. Clearly this person does not.

Sorry for being harsh while you're raw.

Felgen

My advice is not to "try" to get him back. You exist for your own good and shouldn't need another person. If someone has already loved you, then someone can love you again--and at the age of 16, your life has just started. :)

D

deleted user 1

Whenever I hear people say "the spark" has gone, it usually comes from a person who really wasn't all that serious. Real love is not a sparkly thing, but enduring commitment. You're better off without this guy in my opinion.

I think your boyfriend should respect your downs, because the sparkle can't be there everyday, because everyone feels sadness Now en then.
But I do think, you still feel the sparkle, you are still in love with him!
But I guess he may be not!, Is he serious after all?
Does he really wants to go 100 % for you?
Especially this rough time you are going thru, he should give you some time to feel better, and get out of the depression, and feel happy again!
But don't give up because he's also going through a rough time.
he should support you, and you support him, but sometimes people just think the sparkle is gone, there may, be a chance of you two getting together, but you should rely on other nice things, like your ambitions, dreams, goals, hobbies, interests, friends :)

Good luck Katie :)

DespairSoul

Hello Katie,

Im know very well know how u feel. I go trough the same think with my bf maybe be worse yours Bf atleast say he need time and maybe is yet there some chance to be together. Two days ago my bf told me that we will be not anymore Gf and Bf true is that this isnt frist time what he told me that because my panick attacks,talking about suicide and acting possesive to him because i suffer if he go out with out me and i cant go with him. Im longing as anything on the world go with him out my this creature Sa or Avpd because im not sure what i have. Still he knows how im down and he leave me. He dont understand to me and this let me thinking does he was really in love with me? I think he was a lot but if i start have be upset all the time,crying all the time and talking bad stuff he just had enough. By u is diffrent u was atleast doing something for your relation u was trying going better with therapy or medication. We both are little diffrent case but something we have common. Bf what dont try hold as in worse times. Some people have stronger nervess some less stronger. I dont know exactly what u was going everything trough with him and wich hard times he go trough now. Isnt your fault that you go too trough rough times because of your DAD. I think we both idealize us partner. I love too more then my live.
We love more then they love because we are more sensitive. I agree with Aristocrat if some say SPARKLE IS GONE this is people wasnt serious. If so soon go by them sparkle aways is mean they dont take care about love enough. Love is like FLOWER you take care about her and give her wather almost every day. Was tested out that so called sparkling love is only on begin of relation maximum 2 years and later is about tolerance and take care about it. What about people wich are married 20 years, there is tolerance,frendship, taking care about relation like about flower. Thats mean if some one want sparkling love continue 2 years later is no more as was on begin. Begining love is always the strongest feeling what u can reach from LOVE. I think u should later really try it really work him hard to get back. I understand u very well im too in love and now im struggling because i know he will never want me back and im thinking on worses things. I wish u the best KATIE and please be the most strong as is in your possibilities!!

Last edited:

mads

Hang on. I'm trying to think of a way to say this without seeming horribly judging.

Your dad left and your boyfriend still expected you to be all sparky with him? And when you went down into a well justified depression, your boyfriend ditched you as if you had done something wrong by being a bit down? I realise you still love him and will probably want to defend him against the hurtful things I am saying but I think if he decides he wants you back, you should make him work hard before you accept him (even if you really want him back). It sounds like you were perfectly willing to stand by him while he was going through his stuff but that the feeling was not mutual. I believe you when you say you love him more than life and I want you to be with someone who feels the same about you. Clearly this person does not.

Sorry for being harsh while you're raw.

Very good post. I agree 100%

That guy seems to be not very nice if he cant accept she is down.

lunarla

Don't exhaust yourself with trying to get better for him. It will only backfire. Get better for yourself and, if he's a good one, he'll recognize that and admire it.