Bonjour!

DrN4n0

Hi everyone :)

I'm a 25 year-old male. I study psychology at college in France. Guess I was drawn to it because I've known for a while now that I'm depressive and wanted to know more about how the human brain works. I'm not sure I've got SA, I haven't been diagnosed or anything, maybe I'm just shy. All I know is I'm slowly getting better at talking to people (still having difficulties with groups of more than 3 though. And girls...).
I came across these forums while looking for things on "pushing people away", which I seem to be doing a lot at the moment. I read a few stories that I can quite relate to and I've been pretty impressed by the overall quality of the community here (finding comments with mature responses is getting pretty rare on the internet these days).

I love taking pictures and cooking (hmm, thai food). And I don't really know what else to say right now :) Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Darryl

G'day DrN4no

Nice to have you with us.

To answer your question on pushing people away--filled with AvPD undertones, but with your studies you'll get what you need out of this.

Usually if the suffer doesn't understand what's happening to them and are new to a disorder, they will "push people away" the ones they love because they need them, they blame them, they need help from them.

If there offended by your pushing and move on, this gives you a reason not to like them, if there not offended and try to help you will continually make it hard for them till they give up.
The loved ones, the ones you push away will pay until you control the disorder.

Darryl

Last edited:

DrN4n0

vj288 said:
Hi, Welcome to the Forum! I'm studying psychology too, as well as philosophy. :)

Nice :) What year are you in? I'm in my second year and I love it, but I'm considering going back to English to become an English teacher.

Darryl said:
Usually if the suffer doesn't understand what's happening to them and are new to a disorder, they will "push people away" the ones they love because they need them, they blame them, they need help from them.

If there offended by your pushing and move on, this gives you a reason not to like them, if there not offended and try to help you will continually make it hard for them till they give up.
The loved ones, the ones you push away will pay until you control the disorder.

I don't think they always notice. It's actually more of a withdrawal on my part than an "active" pushing. I also pretend that everything's normal when I can't avoid a conversation and will just spend more time alone. So people don't tend to get offended. As I said, I'm not sure it's SA, it might be due to the depression (though I can't make phone calls or look people in the eyes for more than a second for instance). Anyway, not sure where I was going with this ^^'

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

mikebird

Banned
When talking to more than one person at once, I just can't make any sense of what they say. It all sounds like "bleeuurrrgghhh yap yap yap"

Darryl

Hey mikebird,

DrN4no is only new here, maybe you should just welcome him to SPW.

Let him get used to place first, before you confuse him... and me!

If something is troubling you maybe post up anew thread and we'll try to help.