Body Dysmorphic section

TAMPA-BAY

thanks. I think it a disorder that needs a spot on this site because certain users who have been causing trouble on this site match the symptoms of it.

Septor

Yea there's probably a lot of people that have some varying degree of body dysmorphic here.Of course that could be in large part,a side effect of SA.

millymoocow

Septor said:
Yea there's probably a lot of people that have some varying degree of body dysmorphic here.Of course that could be in large part,a side effect of SA.

yeah it could be... but my BDD came before my SA. :?

i wish it never existed... alot of people out there besides me are suffering terribly because of it. :(

cray123

Yeah I guess so. It's probably also one of the main reasons of having this social phobia. I think it wud be pretty common around here.

Diluted_Acid

I dunno if i suffer from the disorder, but since as early as 7, i've always funnily enough had mirrors all over my place, so i very often try fix my hair or experiment with facial expressions in front of the mirror a fair bit. I'm a guy too. Sometimes i think i'm pretty goodlooking, other times i think im ugly as. It really depends. Be nice if im not the only guy like this here.

I think I might, but I seem to switch between the idea that I may have it or that maybe I actually am this disgustingly unattractive. It's getting a lot worse as of recently. I don't like to go anywhere and I always have my hand over my face. I miss a big portion of school just because I feel so ugly that I can't even take it. I know it's not the reason for my social phobia because I've had that before I even cared what I looked like but I think it's making it worse. I mean I sure I just look like a total idiot with my hand covering my face all the time.

recluse

Sometimes i feel ugly and i used to refuse to turn on my webcam when chatting to people when i felt this way. I sometimes can't look at my photo if it's a bad one. I had anorexia at the age of 15 but i was cured, but i still feel bad about myself and i often feel guilty if i've eaten chocolate o'r something.

Diluted_Acid

I am very body-conscious, but i often strangely enough find myself very goodlooking facially . . . . yet sometimes bland, or as if lacking something exotic, i dunno.

livingnsilence

I'm pretty sure I have BDD, I'm constantly looking in the mirror and at photos comparing my facial features to others. And even thought it sounds a bit crazy, I even measure different parts of my body, measure the proportions of my body and compare them to averages on the internet. I don't really have a problem with the way my body looks b/c it only could use a few minor improvements and must people would kill for my body, it's my face that i have a problem with. Luckly, unlike SA I deal with it real well though. I don't belive my looks will ever hold me back from anything in life so I don't really need to try to change them.

Prescious

Re: reply

If that is your picture in your avatar, I THINK YOU ARE GORGEOUS
Psychedelicious said:
I think I might, but I seem to switch between the idea that I may have it or that maybe I actually am this disgustingly unattractive. It's getting a lot worse as of recently. I don't like to go anywhere and I always have my hand over my face. I miss a big portion of school just because I feel so ugly that I can't even take it. I know it's not the reason for my social phobia because I've had that before I even cared what I looked like but I think it's making it worse. I mean I sure I just look like a total idiot with my hand covering my face all the time.