Blurting out something bad

daniel_monster

This just happened today. I was on the bus and a group of Black people came on the bus. I am by no means racist, far from it. Suddenly my mouth wanted to blurt out a very obscene word to the point where I thought I couldn't control it. If I even opened my mouth too yawn I would yell out this word.

anyone else have something similar? this is really freaking me out.

LadyWench

I frequently get the urge to blurt out things that are on my mind, no matter how offensive or inappropriate it may be. But that's simply because I'm a person that speaks her mind. I'm upfront and honest, for the most part. However, I don't think I've ever experienced what you're describing. Did you just feel like you had no control over it? That's rather odd. Maybe there was something going on in the back of your mind that you weren't totally aware of? Were these people rude to you in any way, or fit some sort of stereotype? I'm just curious, because that might be why you wanted to blurt out whatever it was you were thinking. Just a thought. Hope you can find a solution.

Yeah Ive gotten strange feelings like that, like I want to blurt out something inappropriate or something that doesnt make sense. I consider it a part of maybe OCD. Basically you get a word in your head that you don't like but yet have a strong urge to blurt it out. And its something that your against or thats not really who you are.
And by the way do you have any racist people in your family? I do and Im very against it, but yet things they have said pop in my head, although I dont agree with any of it.

daniel_monster

. . . do you have any racist people in your family?

I don't which is why I find this so strange. I'm thinking it's stress and I had a huge panic attack today so my anxiety levels are waaaaay up. I think I just need to relax and figure out a way to get through this if it does happen again. I'm open to suggestions on methods to fight this. I've been wrapping my head around this all day.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I don't really have that problem, I do ramble-on too long sometimes and end-up saying things I regret, though. That causes me a good amount of worry sometimes.

It's because I never talk to people and on the rare occasion that I do get into a conversation with someone, the combination of being both excited or nervous and out of practice ends up creating an embarrassing moment.

daniel_monster

@Ladywench

I think the stereotype aspect may have something to do with it, which sounds awful. But it makes sense. bad experience however makes sense. Used to work in a hip hop bar years ago and I got death threats every weekend because the patrons knew I was gay. However this never worried me it angered me. Sure I wanted to mess these guys up, but the whole thing being race related never crossed my mind. Those guys were just *******s. Now that i think about this whole thing it's starting to piece together a bit, But the urge and feeling of helplessness of these words coming out is worrying. And why now?

@Fountain

It didn't start off with me wanting to say the word. The word burst through my mind and it was almost like I was being forced to say it best way to describe it is my brain peer-pressuring me to express it. almost like when someone asks a question that you know the answer to and you yell/say it before the person asking has time to finish. It was like that, but horrible.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
@Fountain

It didn't start off with me wanting to say the word. The word burst through my mind and it was almost like I was being forced to say it best way to describe it is my brain peer-pressuring me to express it. almost like when someone asks a question that you know the answer to and you yell/say it before the person asking has time to finish. It was like that, but horrible.

That's scary. I'd start chewing gum when I went out just to keep my mouth occupied. Ha Ha