Blood-type?

coriander1992

Generical said:
O+

And i don't think i have HH what exactly is it? i mean i sweat a lot when i'm nervous but i figured that's just normal, due to heart rate increase, body temp...blushing etc.

HH (Hyperhidrosis) is basically excessive sweating that isn't specifically linked to temperature, excercise or weight like sweat is in "normal" people.
Basically you sweat excessively most of the time. Sometimes it's worse at certain times of day or in certain situations, but there is usually general sweating all the time.

It can occur only on certain body parts, for example the underarms, or just be generalised.

I don't think it's known yet what causes it, but there are different theories about it...some beleive it's down to genes, but some people think it's to do with thinking patterns etc. etc.

HTH :)

ETA: I would join-in, but I have no idea what my blood type is :oops: :roll:

klamm76

Generical.

I dont know what help you need,and from your last tread you didnt seem to suffer from HH.You just explained normal reaction from sweating.This is not the issue here.So what is it?I dont know what you are seeking,but this tread is about HH so justbe happy that you dont have this ridiculess illness.

Generic

klamm76 said:
Generical.

I dont know what help you need,and from your last tread you didnt seem to suffer from HH.You just explained normal reaction from sweating.This is not the issue here.So what is it?I dont know what you are seeking,but this tread is about HH so justbe happy that you dont have this ridiculess illness.

I asked what HH is, and it was answered so now i know what it is....that's all i wanted to know lol

BiGz

I suffer from HH, not sure of my blood type. But my diet consists largely of bread and I drink a lot of milk. In my teens if I had certain milk products such as milkshakes I would get really bad stomach aches. I don't get this problem anymore but I pretty sure that was around the same time I developed HH.

I've read somewhere that allergic reactions to foods can change, I've no idea how true this is or if its linked to HH but I've heard of changes in diet helping others with certain allergies. And its considered medical fact that such things as alcohol and caffeine play a part in sweating (although I personally find alcohol intoxication helps me to not sweat due to a can't care less attitude) so I think it may be a worth while subject to look into as I don't believe those in the medical world are going to as they are more concerned with medicine and surgical advances than preventions.

klamm76

Yea I also eat a lot of bread,and when I was younger I drank at least 2 liter of milk every day.

I havent notice something about the milk,but since I got stomach trouble I was adviced to keep away from the milk.

The things I do know that gives me trouble is wheat,coffe,sodadrinks/limonade,gum,apple.And I feel sugar is trigging my sweating more.

So I have stayed away from limonade,coffe for 11 years.The wheat is difficult,but I try to eat bread that not have to much wheat.(or its made in another way,we call it speltbread in Norway and its better bread for me to tolerate)

And yea drinking alchohol keeps the sweating in some control,but I then sweat 2 times moore the next day.I think this is because the parasymphatic nervesystem have control then.(like you are saing dont care, is calm etc.Still I am calm whitout being drunk to, but sweat like hell.?)Mayby this is why betablockers helps people that is sweating?I could say a lot about these things but not get anywhere.

The point is that its wery difficult to follow a stright diet and find out what I can eat or not.And I wont do it for fun when its so hard to do.

The reason I ask of the bloodtype I have explained already,so it would be nice if some more people whith HH could answer this.And you who dont know could find out,because maybe it is something that we eat that bloodtype B cant tolerate.I dont know?.Need more answers.

What better playses then in here is better to ask these kind of quiestions?Its no point asking my neighbour or something like that about this.

If the majority whit HH have bloodtype B then I think its worth looking in to.If not OK then we have to look for other answers,there must be a reason for this ridiculous diseas.

Jezza

Hi there,

Seems I have exaggerated a little with this reply but nobody has the obligation to read and I guess it could be an interesting read for some... 8)

I find myself thinking about what causes this rediculous condition all day everyday now.

I have generalised HH, started of as palmoplantar, than became worse and worse, especially the last couple of years (I'm 22 now) and more and more started to affect my armpits, lower back, groin region, hell even my knees and elbows sometimes.

Unfortunately though I'm going to have to break the B+ theme. I have O, that is, it is never established but since my mom and dad both have O and it's a recessive genetype so they could only have given me O, don't know if it's plus or minus though.

Still, none, that is not one of my relatives has HH so I'm thinking that unless I have so much stupid bad luck that I'm the first of a new line of HH sufferers (that is, under the big assumption that a cure/acceptable medication is found before I reach 40 or something like that so I can actually be in a situation that I can have children at all and even more important without some disease that will make their live suck) there has to be an underlying cause because I can't believe it would be genetic.

My 4 theories are;

1 Carefully yet unconsciously (well, I guess it mostly is, what I mean is, at the time I didn't realise the possible impact of actions of others on your personal development as I do now) developed social phobia that eventually lead to sweating and this dry mouth I have developed more in more in the last couple (without using medication).
Especially in important timeframes like early youth and puberty being treated negatively without an identifiable reason other than being you I guess could cause social anxiety...
Anyway, in this case in theory it could be reversible through some kind of mental therapy but realistically I don't see that happen.

2 Spinal Cord injury, pituitary gland damage or hypothalamic lesion due to various crashes, bumps, falls and blows to head encountered in youth (like every child with a preference for the outdoors/bikes/ramps etc coupled with some bad luck). This might be the case but I think I would encounter even more effects and moreover even if it could be established it could probably not be helped (it would therefore only serve for some reassurance that 1 is not true and some certainty of what will happen in the future, although that would probably look grimm in this case)

3 Some kind of benign brain tumor that does no harm except weighing down on the pituitary gland and therefore causing it to give out to many signals or pheocromocytoma (a rare tumor of one of the adrenal glands) that causes those glands to create way to much adrenalin under stress. Both are highly unlikely but I would like to have it checked out one day, since it is mentioned on some sites about HH and they wouldn't put it on there without there actually being a case of it now would they...oh wait...medical world, dominated by liability lawsuits, yeah I guess they would).

4 Some other endocrine disease like hyperthyroidism, but frankly I don't really believe that can cause HH, since a lot of people have it and HH not so much.

Some other notions; why does it start at puberty in most cases (apart from the fact that you haven't got sweat glands in armpits and groin before) and why does it get worse eventhough fysically your an adult. It shouldn't be to hard for medical people to come up with an answer to this I would say.

ANYWAY, my conclusion; as stupid as it sounds I'm hoping in my case it's three, that I have some kind of simple cancer, that they can operate on it and HH will be gone.

Still, with my luck, chances are the cure will be found the day after I die of old age...

How is that for optimism :lol: !

BiGz

Just to add to your theories Jezza there is a possible 5th. And that is some sort of external impact such as chemicals that we unwittingly consume or have some sort of contact with that we react to. But I'd say highly unlikely.

As it turns out my cousin has HH so I'm assuming its genetic, although other than him I have no idea who had HH prior to us although it narrows down which side of my family it stemmed from and to be honest I don't have any intention of investigating my family as Only my parents are aware of my problem out of my family members.

Jezza

Yes I understand. I didn't exactly go around asking for whether or not they had HH either, that would have yielded some awkward conversations, but your parents grew up with your aunts and uncles (the ones blood related at least) so they'd know if they had seen it before and in my case that is not the case at all.

And for cousins, you probably don't have to closely examine them to find out if they have HH. Establishing that someone has it might be tough, but at least you can easily see that people don't have HH if they haven't (I presume you shake hands with them on occassion too).

In my case I told my parents that when the subject happened to be unavoidable when my family asked how things were going they didn't have to conceal the HH at all cost, which means I know now that some aunts know, so that means probably everybody does from that side of the family, but still, they probably don't realize the real implications of it all, and as of yet haven't talked to me about it, so at least they know me enough to know I'm not really waiting for that.

Still it might be important to know your family history in terms of HH and what's causing it, for instance to determine if it's primary or secondary. Now I know almost sure it's not in the family, I have more "hope" it's secondary (although there are some indications to the contrary as well).

Zoot

I'm sure I once read somewhere that blood-type B is common in many Asian countries. There is also a high incidence of HH amongst Asian people so I think the issue is race rather than blood-type.

I am Asian, suffer from HH, and have blood type B.

BiGz

Hi Zoot yes you are correct. Its odd really as Asian people sweat less in general than other races yet have the highest incidents of HH.

Tracing my background I had a great great grandmother who was Chinese but thats so far removed I don't see how it would have an impact. I don't think the middle east counts as my great grandmother is Persian and the rest of me is English and as much Scottish as Chinese (great great grandfather). Maybe having such a mixed race was the screw up :lol:

klamm76

Zoot said:
I'm sure I once read somewhere that blood-type B is common in many Asian countries. There is also a high incidence of HH amongst Asian people so I think the issue is race rather than blood-type.

I am Asian, suffer from HH, and have blood type B.

Yea?
Thats just confirme to me even more that blood-type has something to do whith it.

In Norway we are about 8% whit blood-type B.So if you mean that most Asian people have bloodtype B,and they have the highest range of Hyperhidrosis,maybe bloodtype have something to do whit it then?

Something that bloodtype-B is reacting to?Or need?

I dont think it have something about race to do,because every race has HH.So if the majority of Asian people have HH,its like I want to find out if the majorety of bloodtype B has HH!!

I got 1 answer from an Norwegian guy who has HH,unfortenly he is destroyed by ETS now.But he has also bloodtype B!

Zoot

Maybe you're onto something but one would need to know a person's blood type AND ethnic origin to draw a reasonable conclusion; it's already been established that many HH sufferes are Asian and they are more likely to have blood type B. Haven't there been quite a few postings of 'O'? Another very common blood type. I know in the UK very few people are aware of their blood type which may be why more people of other blood groups haven't posted.

Anyway, if the disposition of a type of blood has evolved over time, it's usually for a reason. Maybe all us 'Bs' are protected by our blood type-associated HH against a deadly disease. Or maybe our blood type hasn't evolved at all, we're susceptible to every ailment and we're all doomed...........!

klamm76

Ok here is the record of those who has answered up til now::

1: Dont have HH- O+,O+,O+.

2: Generalised HH- A-,O.

3: Local/focal HH-(hands,feet,armpits,cranial)-B+,B+,B+,B+,O+,B-,B+,B,and B for the guy I know from another forum. And 1 person said "I have HH and have A-",but has he generalised or local?

4: No idea?But have HH - 3 persons.

So count up for your self and find out what kind of bloodtype you think the majority of us whit HH have,whatever the race is!

Another thing is that I dont personly think that local HH and generalised HH is the same kind of HH/problem.I think in generalised HH, anxiety etc can be an issue.Sorry if some is defend by this ,(hope not:)).This is just my toughts.

And from what I understand Asian dont have most trouble whith generalised HH,but lokal or focal.(dont know the name,sorry).But in different areas on the body and not all over.!!!

So out of 9 people who has answered on local HH,8 people have bloodtype B,and 1 have O+.And you have 1 person whit A- but didnt said what kind HH he/she have?.

Dont think we are doomed because of blodtype B,I think there is advantages and disadvantages about every bloodtypes and genes.But it seems that bloodtype B has different problems whit the nervesystem.
And that is offcourse the most difficult thing to understand on the human body toghether whit the brain.

Maybe we have advantages in other illness because of this.Remember its many other worse diseases out there then HH,even if sometimes we dont think so.

But I am proud of who I am and my bloodtype or whatever.We are who we are!!. But I still want to find out the reason for this fu..... riddickelus illness called HH.

If I had been a billionar I would payed the best doctors in the world to only work and find out of this illness personly.!! There just HAS to be a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!