Blocking a user on the chat function

sazz

Ok, so, Im talking about the little one-on-one chat box that is in the bottom corner of the screen. If someone is annoying me on there, and I select 'Block user', does it block everything of theirs (including any posts or threads they make) or does it only block them from being able to talk to me on the chat?

I dunno. Try blocking me and i'll tell you if i can still see you on there. I'll dive on the grenade for ya :)

Kiwong

Just click on the green and white pill looking button. Then no one can intitiate chat with you.

sazz

Ok, JC, I blocked you and you disappeared from my chat list, but i could still see your posts, so that answers that. Unblocked you now. :)
Kiwong, I dont mind having my chat available, but when i get someone messaging me saying 'please be my girlfriend' and I say to him at that point 'leave me alone and dont talk to me' and he keeps bugging me about it, then yeah, im going to block him,

Kiwong

Ok, JC, I blocked you and you disappeared from my chat list, but i could still see your posts, so that answers that. Unblocked you now. :)
Kiwong, I dont mind having my chat available, but when i get someone messaging me saying 'please be my girlfriend' and I say to him at that point 'leave me alone and dont talk to me' and he keeps bugging me about it, then yeah, im going to block him,

Sorry you've had to put with that. In that case ignore is a good way to go. That's harassment I think one of the mods should deal with the poster.

Remus

Staff member
Sorry you got pestered like that, I'll be getting rid of those in question after seeing the screenshots.

Lilly789

I had to block someone who was a bit stalkerish and wouldnt go away - the next time I came on he sent me messages again regardless.
From this thread it seems he cant see me and was just sending messages anyway. I thought it might not have been working.. good to know it is lol

bcsr

ya'll need to report these people. this site seems to draw it's share of stalker-type creeps.

Remus

Staff member
Yeah, someone bothers you in chat, use the prtscr button and paste into Microsoft paint, save it and then either email a mod or pop it in your pics at this website for us to have a look at.

We pretty much ban anyone seriously trolling permanently.