Being too naive‏

Thelonely

I was talking to this girl I met online for over 2 years now. We were trying to meet and date. But we lived at a good distance but it was never the right moment. Only recently I discovered that nothing she told me was real. She was lying to me the whole time. She's married and have 2 kids plus another one that is coming in a few months. I was expecting something like that since a lot of stuff about her didn't make sense. And yet I wanted to believe. I guess being always alone made me desperate. I just wanted to be with someone...

But tonight I confronted her. And I just lost it. I've never been so mad in my entire life. But also she was being really mean about it. Trying to twist things around like she did nothing wrong. Making it out like making me believe that spending all my free time with her would lead to a possible future together was not a big deal lol. And she just kept leading me on and on that it would happen one day.

I'm still shaking a bit from my talk with her earlier. I talked a bit with my psychologist a while back. And she compared me to a beaten woman. The way I kept coming back for more even thought she was really abusive and manipulative.

I feel so stupid. I knew better but kept going anyway. At least writing my story here helps a bit. I just wish I could forget about it all. I wouldn't be in that state at least

Thelonely

thanks for that article coyote. I can see that I'm far from being the only one who got tricked by some bored disturbed people.

ImNotMyIllness

I had a similar experience once. This girl pretended to be someone that she wasn't. She sent me fake pictures and kept leading me on. I finally found out her true identity........Truth is, I feel sorry for her. Her life must be so depressing that she has to pretend to be someone else.
This woman has more problems than you.....Next time, get a phone number and a first and last name. Eventually, you'll meet someone.

Silatuyok

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not stupid, you just trusted someone who turned out to be untrustworthy. It's not your fault it happened. I'm sure you're hurting and frustrated, but you need to give yourself time to feel those things, grieve for the loss of what you thought you had, and eventually move on. Don't expect yourself to get over it right away, but with time you will start to feel better, and you will be better for the experience.

Flanscho

Sorry to hear that.

I guess I've been on the internet too long. I don't take any person on the internet seriously, unless I met him/her several times already in person.

Bronson99

I think interacting with them on camera (thus matching the person with the photos they've sent) is at least one thing that you MUST do these days to verify the authenticity. Just talking to the person on the phone or just voice-chatting is not good enough, you can still easily be fooled.

My point is you have to be really careful.