Being called "weird"

cuill

Wierd

For me, the problem isn't being a little different, it's feeling like I don't fit in anywhere. I mean, I don't really have a peer group that I feel like I belong to, partly because, I think, I focus on what makes me different from any particular group. I mean, I ride horses, but I'm too refined to be a cowboy, and too coarse to associate with dressage people. I played sports in school, but I was too intelectual for the jocks, and too "sporty" to associate with the brainiacs. So as far as being called wierd, and believe me, I have been — even by my mother — it sort of reinforces that feeling of not fitting in anywhere, and that hurts.

cuill

Wierd

For me, the problem isn't being a little different, it's feeling like I don't fit in anywhere. I mean, I don't really have a peer group that I feel like I belong to, partly because, I think, I focus on what makes me different from any particular group. I mean, I ride horses, but I'm too refined to be a cowboy, and too coarse to associate with dressage people. I played sports in school, but I was too intelectual for the jocks, and too "sporty" to associate with the brainiacs. So as far as being called wierd, and believe me, I have been — even by my mother — it sort of reinforces that feeling of not fitting in anywhere, and that hurts.

Lotrsfan

I've not been called weird before but i'd think myself as weird. I struggle to do even the simplest things in life LOL so i think that's weird when other people or should i say normal people can do the simplest things without worrying and stuff :lol:

eggpod

Haha, everyone calls me weird. I even purposefully play up to it as well.

Nothing wrong with it. I like people who are a bit weird much more than normos.

da_illest101

all the time, but i don't find it to be an insult, i like who i'm if you don't well you can **************** or something similar :D

Snowdrop

For some reason or other a couple of my friends have always called me weird. It's probably in a joking way but it still hurts, heck everything hurts me cause I'm so sensitive. But I think they call me weird or think I act a bit strangely because of my SA. It's not something I can help, I tend to daydream and not 'get' things in the present because I'm not really 'there'...if that made sense xD

I guess, also, deep down I have always considered myself weird, because everyone around me does. But I know that the person I was before and the person I am deep down inside is not weird at all. She's normal and fighting everyday for a normal life.