Being called "weird"

Starry

Well, I call myself weird all the time lol :lol: - I am weird, but I like being weird lol.

One of my online friends calls me weird lol. She also calls herself weird though hehe.

My mum calls me weird too, but I don't think she means it in the same, positive way I mean, when I call myself weird lol.

Opinion wise, I think it depends on how you perceive the word "weird" as to how you feel about it. As I call myself weird all the time, I don't mind if anyone else calls me weird. Although, I suppose it depends on the way they mean it, if someone meant it in a horrible, cutting way then I'd be hurt, but if they meant it in a friendly, jokey way, then it wouldn't bother me, I'd just agree because I am weird lol. :lol:

Um, yeah, so that's me, but as I said, I am weird. So my opinion probably shouldn't count for much. lol :wink:

And how many times do I need to say the word "weird" in one post? hehe

maggie

arjuna said:
Has anybody ever said you were weird? Anyone have any opinion on the matter?
umm yeah..and i feel weird, or different..i think mainly cause i'm so quiet..and hard to figure out i guess, but also cause of my silly sense of humour, i laugh at my own stupid jokes..i don't know..i just seem different from the norm?

arjuna

Well, I was speaking to this guy that I have been talking to lately and he said "what a weird guy," whilst I was walking with him. Don't quite know how to take it. :?

maggie

arjuna said:
Well, I was speaking to this guy that I have been talking to lately and he said "what a weird guy," whilst I was walking with him. Don't quite know how to take it. :?
ahh well, sometimes i think..perhaps being considered weird doesn't always have to be negative; weird is different..different than the norm..and normal can be quite boring :wink:

Kinetik

maggie said:
arjuna said:
ahh well, sometimes i think..perhaps being considered weird doesn't always have to be negative; weird is different..different than the norm..and normal can be quite boring :wink:

Yeah, or you can just be weird and boring. 8) :lol:

Marvolo

Well, I'm not sure. But I rather prefer not to know what is the opinion about me at the people... :lol:

And it's rather not too funny... :oops:

I try to be nice to other people, but my, hm, original ("socialphobic") behavior can probably influence on their opinion more... :(

Dreamer_15

Starry said:
Well, I call myself weird all the time lol :lol: - I am weird, but I like being weird lol.

One of my online friends calls me weird lol. She also calls herself weird though hehe.

My mum calls me weird too, but I don't think she means it in the same, positive way I mean, when I call myself weird lol.

Opinion wise, I think it depends on how you perceive the word "weird" as to how you feel about it. As I call myself weird all the time, I don't mind if anyone else calls me weird. Although, I suppose it depends on the way they mean it, if someone meant it in a horrible, cutting way then I'd be hurt, but if they meant it in a friendly, jokey way, then it wouldn't bother me, I'd just agree because I am weird lol. :lol:

Um, yeah, so that's me, but as I said, I am weird. So my opinion probably shouldn't count for much. lol :wink:

And how many times do I need to say the word "weird" in one post? hehe

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: soz that made me laugh, thanks :D

anyway people havent actually called me weird...i mean obviously ive been called weird in the past but that was when i was like 7 and took it as a compliment lol. but now..or a while ago people i dont even know have called me a scitzophrenic coz i dont get out much, dont go to school, dont have friends, get suicidal sometimes 8O but i dont care anymore, people have opinions and i cant stop that :)

Starry

^^^ Hehe, glad I made someone laugh lol. I guess my weirdness serves a purpose hehe. :wink:

arjuna said:

I think it depends on the context, as to how you should take it. If he didn't seem to be acting meanly, take it as a compliment. :wink: lol

Kinetik said:
maggie said:
arjuna said:

Yeah, or you can just be weird and boring. 8) :lol:

Yeah like me lol.

Moonie

I've been called an "odd bird" by two different people. I have been called weird. I don't really care I consider it a compliment.

I even think I am pretty weird. Sometimes I think about how I would see myself in school - by myself and never saying a word. It's kind of too-too weird, but I guess it's cool in an indie film kind of way. LOL.

JamesMorgan

People quite often call me weird, this makes me laugh at myself.

I mean, they are right, aren't they? I relate to myself as if i am the only one on the planet, and that my happiness is more important than everyone elses??? rather odd!

They dont actually see the 'real' me at all. All they see is the very surface of my self, ike looking at a huge ocean and seeing the waves.

How often do i really see the 'real' me?

The self i relate to is is pretty useless, limited, quite weird actually, yet the more i get to know the 'real' me the more it doesnt bother me what people say/think about me because i know in my heart what is true. He he.

When you can laugh at the self others think you are, yet know who you are within, much freedom will be available to you.

James

IceLad

Being called weird or strange hurts, and is extemely frustrating when you haven't been given a fair chance by people that hardly know you.

People with SP are often so very much misunderstood.

rado31

Some girl spread that i m a looney to the community,after i dedicated and
sent her a poem. That really hurt.

The other one said i m childish when i gave her some other poem.

So, i m not in the love poetry any more. :lol:

I must admit that i always was different. In my life i met shy persons, fake shy persons, stamerrers , fake stamerres :?: but not single SA or SP person.....I havent seen SA person in my whole life ,Maybe one girl, but i m not sure.

thequietone

It's kind of too-too weird, but I guess it's cool in an indie film kind of way. LOL.

yeah, I could see an indie film being made about me and my weirdness! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's why I love weird movies. Everybody go rent "The Science of Sleep" it's by the same guy who made "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and it's really weird and good.

Yes, people have called me weird. I'm a painfully shy art student with no human connection outside my immediate family... and besides, art already has a weird label on it and everyone thinks we're a bit off just for pursuing art in the first place. :roll:
I tend to take weird as a compliment in most cases. Who wants to be normal? No one would make a movie out of you!

hamandcheese

Saturday night a couple of weeks ago, I ran into a guy I used to go school with. We were reminiscing about the good old days back in school (well good for him I'm sure, but I was lying about it), and he happened to add that I was "the guy who nobody knew."

I can laugh about it now though 'cause it was true and I was only minorly offended when he said it.

yes, i've been called weird, freak, and a loser

truth is that people are very insecure beings. i will venture to guess that the ones who are quickest to point out the flaws in others are the same ones who are so very afraid of others finding flaws in them. i should know, because i played that game in grade school. we have the choice to either internalize what is said to us as fact and kill ourselves because of it (easy to do), or take a step back and realize that, yes, due to our S.A. we probably do come across as a deviation from the norm, but does that make us less of a person? My answer to that is hell no. i have seen people who look down and make it pretty clear that they lack confidence. i actually am drawn to those kinds of people because i know just what they are going through. the ones who are "weird" are the ones who, in my opinion, have the most to offer. unfortunately, they hide it behind their curtain of insecurity.

Katjelique

I've always been known as the 'different' one. A lot of the time, especially in high school and city college people I knew liked me for it, but now that I am at a UC I am not comfortable revealing my real self like that. The people I do know are just now starting to get a glimpse of me and have been to referring to me as 'weird' (Even my boyfriend!).

I think what frustrates me most is that everyone is weird and has their quirkes but they hide them or change themselves. I think people with SA want to be ourselves without repercussions but are afraid to because everyone else is so 'normal'.

jamez

Yes I've been called weird on a few occasions, doesn't bother me too much nowadays because I know for a fact that I'm far from the norm.

CHEZNAX

People sometimes say I hold my eating utensils funny, cut cheese strangely and have weird opinions of other people. Quite frankly, I don't care about it anymore. Some people think it is bad manners to hold your utensils the wrong way, but ultimately, who cares about stuff that insignificant? Sometimes when people stare I just smile and say "I broke my wrist when I was little and so I learnt to eat this way". Which is sort of true. Now I don't really care. Or I just shrug and say "artists, you know what we're like". Mostly when people say you are weird they just mean it as an interesting observation that baffles them, not that it makes you less of a person. Some might even be jealous of your uniqueness. Don't let it get to you.

Foxglove

Oh yeah

I'm sure people think I'm weird. So what, I'm proud of it. Better weird than boring!