Back to update my progress. :D

Quietguy11

Hey guys, since I recovered from social anxiety and schizophrenia I just want to remind everyone that it is never too late to overcome these problems. A lot of people would say that schizophrenia is something that you can't fully recover from, and I agree to an extent. There are still some moments where I feel a little paranoid depending on the situation but it is so minimized that it's hardly a problem for me anymore. :) I encourage people to keep seeking out whatever it takes to overcome social anxiety and whatever else you are struggling with. Don't get into that state of despair where you think it'll never change or get better. There is always hope. There was for me, and I know that implies to everyone else. I'm no more fortunate than anyone else. I just worked hard at getting better, and it payed off.

One point I beat down hard is that a hobby can really change ones perspective on life. Developing a skill or talent can really improve on self-confidence. For me it was drawing manga. (Not actual page layouts for a comic, but just manga pictures, faces, eyes, hands, bodies, etc.) I started drawing last year and have been sticking with it ever since. :D I also watch a ton of animes! I recommend The Flowers of Evil or by its Japanese title Aku no Hana. It's a psych anime and it's really captivating!

Anyway just thought I would make another appearance seeing how it's been awhile since I was here. I wish everyone all the best in their own personal recovery journey. Keep moving ahead!

Silatuyok

This is good advice. Congrats on your recovery; keep up the good work. I'm curious, how did you go about overcoming schizophrenia?

jaim38

Good to hear!

Flowers of Evil is a manhwa, many of which are very well drawn. The art is simply beautiful. I also read "Savage Garden" by the same author, which was a great read btw, but I'm not into her other works which are either yaoi or incestuous.

Quietguy11

This is good advice. Congrats on your recovery; keep up the good work. I'm curious, how did you go about overcoming schizophrenia?

I will try to give the best and clearest explanation as to how I overcame
schizophrenia. I believe it was a combination of a lot of things. I started developing my cognitional mind in that I would read a lot (I watch anime in English Subbed, so I'm constantly reading while watching) and I read mangas all the time. The work I put in toward making my cognition quicker helped me with things like retaining information, keeping up with conversations, reading quickly, and information sharing whether online or in person. I believe or have a theory at least that developing the cognition can help organize thoughts so that they are not constantly subjected to delusional thinking.

In addition to that, I was prescribed both an antidepressant and an antipsychotic (Celexa and Risperidal) which I believe had a tremendous impact on my recovery. It took about a year and a half before the medications actually started working as well as they do now, but it was worth the wait because now I have significantly reduced anxiety, reduced paranoid thinking, reduced fear of social situations, etc. The only thing I still struggle with a little bit is a great sense of loneliness which comes upon me every now and again (usually at night.)

It also helped that I got my thoughts off myself. Schizophrenics, according to my Doctor (psychiatrist) are very self-aware, and are constantly talking about themselves almost compulsively. I learned this and started centering my focus on other people instead of me (it was ultimately a decision I was capable of making despite having schizophrenia) and that helped me to connect with people, and maintain contact without turning them off by too much self-talk.

I wouldn't say that schizophrenia will ever be completely wiped out of the picture, but as I've said above, it is so minimized that it hardly bothers me anymore. So recapping, I give credit to the work I've personally done in developing a quicker, more healthier, cognition, and taking medication.

Good to hear!

Flowers of Evil is a manhwa, many of which are very well drawn. The art is simply beautiful. I also read "Savage Garden" by the same author, which was a great read btw, but I'm not into her other works which are either yaoi or incestuous.

I read Yuri manga by Milk Morinaga. But not so much into Yaoi either. I will look into Savage Garden because anything by the creator of The Flowers of Evil is bound to be good! Thanks for telling me about it! :D