baby-crazy family! very frustating

Section_31

:eek: airsoft injury and can't have kids. I know you mentioned it as not serious, that's ok. But that must have hurt, yeah?

Kids are expensive. And they don't come with a return policy or a receipt of purchase. ::p:

Nonsense about passing bad genes. Your potential child or children will grow perfectly despite genes passed on if you care for him or her or them truly.

LOL, oh yea, that hurt. I stepped on an airsoft landmine and took about 1000 BB's to my groin and lower abdomen. Suffice to say, yes, it hurt. alot. LOL

And yea, i guess your right about the genes. I would just make sure when/if we DID have them they wuold have a very loving, supportive enviroment.

awkwardamanda

Any grandchildren they'll be getting will have to come from my brother, who is way more likely to have them in the future.
THIS!!!

Right now, neither of us are sure. Were keeping our options open, but honestly, we talked about it at length last night, and were both concerned about passing messed up genes on to any kids we may have...and honestly why should they have to go through what we did?.
Would you consider adopting if you ever decide you want kids? It's an option, I just don't recommend it unless you're really sure you do want to be parents. Of course, that doesn't guarantee you'll get a kid with good genes, but you won't have the guilt of passing on your own. Whether or not the kids are your own, all you can do is try to steer them away from what you've experienced. You might succeed, or they might still be exposed no matter how hard you try. Mental illness is caused partly by genetics and partly by environment. A poor upbringing can cause psychological problems in anyone without a genetic risk. On the other hand, all the love in the world can't make up for what some people are born with....Case in point: A friend of mine has two biological sisters and they all turned out ok. But their adopted sibling is an absolute mess and a half and it wasn't a case of the parents not trying. He came out of the closet at about age 13. Within a couple of years, he began dressing like a girl. They had to get his name legally changed to a female's and start referring to him as her. I'd imagine coming to terms with that can mess with a person's head, especially for a teenager with a lot of other issues. Emo. Been in trouble with the law. She's been into drugs. She's been suicidal. Tried slitting her wrists. Total attention whore. Screams out personality disorder to me. Something's really wrong, anyway. I kinda doubt the family counselling they went for was ever enough to nail the issue. I think the mother was on drugs or drank while pregnant. Sorry to go off on a tangent with this horror story, but I'm just saying, you can only do so much as a parent, and sometimes your efforts don't yield the results you want.