Autism and Social Anxiety and Phobia

nicole1

With all posts, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but here it shall be posted!

I remember a friend of mine saying that I was on the autism spectrum. He has autism. I wondered for a while if this could be it.

I took a questionnaire... I scored above 32, which, according to the page, are "diagnosed with autism or a related disorder."

I wonder... I fit so many of the criteria... I scored so above the 32... Someone suggested once that it could be autism and I rudely dismissed him as just trying to make SA and SP be more severe than it is (which I shouldn't have). According to this article by a grad student at the Indiana University, there is a slight relationship...

What about some of you all? Do you have a form of autism? Do you think there is a relationship?

Kiwong

I've done a autism and aspergers quotient test. I didn't score highly in either. I'm not sure how a diagnosis would help me anyway.

I scored 27 on that test.

Last edited:

jaim38

I suspect I have asperger's but not sure as i have never been officially diagnosed. My social skills suck but not sure if this is because of autism or my upbringing (I wasn't really taught social skills by parents). Yes I think there's a relationship between autism and SA because people with autism may have poor social skills.

nicole1

I think a diagnosis will help you understand yourself. I know I'd feel better knowing why I am the way I am.

Kiwong

I think a diagnosis will help you understand yourself. I know I'd feel better knowing why I am the way I am.

I have a good understanding of the way I am. I have been diagnosed with severe social anxiety. I know that trying to develop social and communication skills, which is recommending for autism sufferers is helpful for me. The treatment is of more useful to me than a diagnosis.