australian bush doof party

Do you have to take drugs to make it worthwhile? I don't think I'd go because one of my steps brothers goes to them things and he is the type of person who never has any money thus is always trying to scam/steal everything.

Krista

Indeed! Except here it's an event called Schwagg, it's simply amazing to see everyone together. My friends and I try to go every summer, we've been called hippies but it's so much more than that really. Everyone there is about having a good time, no judging, no sloppy drunks..it's all about the peace of everything, the harmony and the music. Ours is a bit like a small Woodstock, if you will, on private property.

Lol, how did you enjoy the acid? As for the person below you, no one says that you have to do drugs although acid, marijuana, shrooms aren't necessarily considered drugs. Society puts a bad stigma on them but they're nothing compared to what some people do. It's more for the freeing of your mind. There's a great quote I have about people who take herbs and such like that, it's really based on your character. That sounds like a load but you're only as weak as you allow yourself to be. These things have no addictive properties in them but some just do it because they get a high off of it, others like my friends and I do it because it's an enlightened experience.

Baguette

Lol, how did you enjoy the acid?

yeah it was pretty good. i had it then watch the sunset it was amazing. then i melted for awhile but after that it was the best night ever...
we have doof pretty often like every 2 weeks or a month except when you cant light fires. there really secret tho i dont always hear of them, and the directions are something like 96.7 kms down this road turn left at the green gnome

Krista

yeah it was pretty good. i had it then watch the sunset it was amazing. then i melted for awhile but after that it was the best night ever...
we have doof pretty often like every 2 weeks or a month except when you cant light fires. there really secret tho i dont always hear of them, and the directions are something like 96.7 kms down this road turn left at the green gnome

Ha, that sounds amazing. Too bad I live so far away from Australia.

alana

hey i use to go to those things too.. im from Melbourne. I would go all the time.. but people started to get to know me and i was weird because im not good with people.. By the morning i would get so nervous... I met my now boyfriend at one about 5 years ago. He use to go all the time as well.. and he stopped going because he was having many bad times because he would basically go catatonic..ie. not be able to speak at all to anybody even though he had developed allot of friends over the years.

its a nice supportive vibe if you go every so often.. supposidely your accepted no matter what... no matter who you are and what you look like.. But after a while you notice there are cliques where you have to be super smart socially or else you just are not considered cool or worthy.. allot of very arrogant people.

me and my partner both dont take drugs(including alcohol) but we think it would still be nice to go back to one just to have a dance on the dirt. :)

Devrium

Yea... we have something like that up here but it's just like a Barter Fair or something. They go far up in the mountains where there is no electricity or anything and people from all over the area bring there goods and sell them... clothing, crafts, paintings, you name it... and all the hippies are there and all the young kids go and get high and smoke pot and trip out and dance around like idiots. I have personally never been to one, nor do I have any interest in ever going. Just not my crowd. But each to their own I guess... Here is a vid of some people up there doing some drum dance thing... they play trance and other stuff too, but it's the only video that I could find that didn't have obnoxious teenagers screaming in the background. ^^

Drum Dance

And here is some guy playing the flute.. you can see shops set up and the like....

Flute Man

Annnnnnnnyway yea... nothing but a bunch of hicks getting high on drugs imo (no offense to anyone of course that enjoys this sort of thing... as I said each to their own I guess. I am just far too much of a recluse to even think about participating in something like that =/

Kat

Yea... we have something like that up here but it's just like a Barter Fair or something. They go far up in the mountains where there is no electricity or anything and people from all over the area bring there goods and sell them... clothing, crafts, paintings, you name it... and all the hippies are there and all the young kids go and get high and smoke pot and trip out and dance around like idiots. I have personally never been to one, nor do I have any interest in ever going. Just not my crowd. But each to their own I guess... Here is a vid of some people up there doing some drum dance thing... they play trance and other stuff too, but it's the only video that I could find that didn't have obnoxious teenagers screaming in the background. ^^

Drum Dance

And here is some guy playing the flute.. you can see shops set up and the like....

Flute Man

Annnnnnnnyway yea... nothing but a bunch of hicks getting high on drugs imo (no offense to anyone of course that enjoys this sort of thing... as I said each to their own I guess. I am just far too much of a recluse to even think about participating in something like that =/

I wouldn’t go, but I like the sound of that music.