Asking a girl out and I haven't even talked to her before

tucktick

I'm 20 and I suffered long enough from SAD, I'm trying get a date for the first time in my life, yeah first time in my life. Anyways, here is the situation as of right now. There is this girl I really like in my class, but I haven't talked to her the whole semester because I'm so freaking shy and the school coming to an end. I've noticed her looking at me few times too, so I think there is attraction between us. So, the final is on monday, should I just forget about her or should I actually go and talk to her and ask her out on the day of the final. ****! should've talked to her before, but I never asked anyone out before so I had no ****ing idea I was suppose to do that. I'm so dense when it comes to girls. Should I just take the plunge? How bad can it really go? I'm in deep shit.

Richey

I'd just try and see if you can develop a friendship before any thoughts of asking her out come to mind and sure you can be attracted to her based on the visual but if you dont know her then how can you even know that you like her?
What you will one day learn is that people will smile and talk or make a joke with you but that doesn't mean that they want to be your friend or that they are attracted to you in any way, all of that takes time and when it happens you will know but its not even worth pondering if you've never even talked to each other.

then again i would feel pretty happy and excited if a girl walked up to me and asked me out just for the adreniline rush even if we didnt know each other because it makes you feel more alive, but not everyone is like that.

i think you'd be happier if you made more friends rather then jumping straight into the idea of finding a girlfriend

Thelema

Ask her out to the movies. Don't try to make friends and draw it out and then try to get up the nerve and then never do it...ask her out!

Richey

Ask her out to the movies. Don't try to make friends and draw it out and then try to get up the nerve and then never do it...ask her out!

but isn't the idea of a date to form a friendship? its just that you propose a date later instead of right away, so what makes more sense? is the person after companionship or friendship or both, what is the agenda?

some girls find it sleazy if you've never even engaged a conversation and others probably wouldn't mind ..

there is no harm in trying though i just think you should talk to her a fair bit so she at least thinks about you and then build it up rather then jumping into it

Last edited:

CeeJay1981

Banned
It's probably not a good idea to approach her and ask her out directly. If you feel uncomfortable, it will make her uncomfortable and it could be awkward. On the other hand, she may be impressed by the fact that you approached her DESPITE your obvious anxiety. She may then be attracted to you for that - by your courageousness.

Do a google search for "David DeAngelo" or "PUATrianing" I think these could help you

tucktick

Thanks for the replies guys. I have decided that I'm gonna grow some balls and actually give it a shot. The worst she can do is tell me to **** off and I think it would be less painful then not asking her at all. So, here I go to take plunge and maybe I'll keep u guys posted. Peace.

madmike

I'm 20 as well and have only ever had one GF, for about three months. I've been single for about 2 years now though. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to bother me that much. I know that in general I get on much better with girls than I do with guys, so if i really wanted a girlfriend i think it would be quite attainable. If you need one for some self-esteem though, go for it. Tell yourself you can do it. Also, try faking it till you make it, this worked really well for my girlfriend (can't believe i'm giving advice on this xD)

thor01

Your lucky to have someone you are attracted to who you think might like you. If I had that opportunity I would try and do something about it.

Smiley face

Yes, I agree with antipop. Don't ask her before the exam because her answer may flaw your test results. Wait until the exam is over; this way you'll be able to escape if she declines or make plans if she accepts you. Let me add that the movies would not be a good first date though because you won't be doing any talking so you won't really be able to get to know one another. Go out to eat instead :)

tucktick

Thanks Antipop and Smileyface, you guys made some valid points. Now, I'm definitely not taking her to movies on the first date, but that comes after she says yes. lol. Anyways, thanks a lot for the response guys.

Last edited:

Island_chic

Ohh I understand.....I am single and I wish I could find a date....preferably someone with s.a. I am so lonely and I want to have someone to love vise virsa. I do feel pretty down about the situation. I wonder if I would ever actually get married in this lifetime.

I only however try and find people who have very similar interest because I would not date just anyone.