Are you scared?

Something-Vague

Worrying about being in a relationship is the least of my worries.

^ This

Even though it would be nice to be in a healthy relationship with a kindred spirit, I am more worried about other areas of my life, particularly in regards to taking care of the problems that I have with SA and other psychological issues. Even if I did focus on whether or not I would ever be in a relationship as a main issue, I know that I would still have to take care of myself as neglecting to do so would not be conducive to finding a long-term, healthy relationship.

Last edited:

onehandclapping

Is anyone scared they will never will be in a relationship or they will stay or get into a bad relationship?

I have a fear that I will spend most of my life alone or that I will die alone,or both. i'm not really doing much to counter it ,but it seems my futile attempts at relationships just end up compounding the fear.

twiggle

I'm not really scared of either.
I am dating somebody at the moment but my world wouldn't end if I wasn't with somebody, nice though relationships are.

SilentBird

I am single and quite lonely but I'm sort of used to it. If I meet someone right for me, great. It is possible that won't happen, so be it. It's not worth the pain getting involved with someone wrong for me. What to do with my life beyond a relationship bothers me way more.

BamanPiderman

I'm afraid I'll let myself get into a bad relationship. I worry that I'll never be close to someone, even if I'm with them.

onehandclapping

I'm afraid I'll let myself get into a bad relationship.

yea I am afraid of this too, that I won't spot things in their behaviour or i'll overlook them and my feelings of low self worth (that its all I deserve) will take over and i'll end up putting myself into something detrimental. :kickingmyself:

PGT

I'm definitely scared I'll never be in a relationship. The older I get the harder it will be and I fear any potential romantic prospects will be less understanding. Most women aren't going to want to be with someone who has the same dating/relationship/kissing/sexual experience of a loser teenager but who is now in their mid twenties.

This. I am Actually terrified. I am 33