Are you scared of your neighbors making sounds?

Moses199

I can't tell you if his method works or not because I don't have the same issue. Won't kill you to try, though. Try any methods (positive methods) that you can think of until you find something that works, maybe even a combination of several different things. Whatever you do don't give in to the whole fear thing, and keep reminding yourself that it has no logical reason to be.
Has logical thinking cured any of your phobias?

Sacrament

It has helped me with several things, yes, such as paranoia that everyone's judging me or staring at me, or that when I come into a room I'm suddenly the center of attention when in reality everyone's just busy doing their thing. It's important to think outside of your own mind, otherwise you get so wrapped up in the delusion that it becomes real to no one but yourself, and quickly hinders progress.

Moses199

My problem was that I used to be very scared to move from my place.. Because my neighbors made sounds at the same time as I move.. Everytime this happens I get shocked and scared..
Like when I stand up, a neighbour would make a loud sound at the same moment..
When they make sound simultaneously to your actions. Do you sometimes get mad and think they are doing it intentionally? I sometimes get very mad and start saying bad things in my mind.

Moses199

Update: this has gotten worst to the point where i decided to be homeless to escape from the noise. I truly believe if i don't find a cure for this i will commit suicide. This is even worst then just having regular SA where you can escape to your own room. There is noises every where i go even though i'm homeless, like it can't be escaped.

> Has logical thinking cured any of your phobias?
I think it actually has, over the course of many years (i used to logically analyze all the why's & wherefore's of noises to-the-death, went way overboard, but my noise-sensitivity/reactivity was way excessive so i felt i kinda had to). Not just logical, but more importantly rational thinking, & also trying to stop myself dwelling on negatives too much (else would get all wound up into a frenzy at times)

> When they make sound simultaneously to your actions. Do you sometimes get mad and think they are doing it intentionally? I sometimes get very mad and start saying bad things in my mind.
Yeah, i've certainly had all the anger/animosity/rage with regards to noises, over the years. But nowadays i seldom get "angry", unless sth is too loud & last too long (like sby blasting away on shotgun for an hr today, got my heckles up slightly, as couldnt escape the noises, felt at the bast*rds mercy, almost felt he/they were doing it deliberately - but of course thats untrue, but thats how you can get when noises are getting to you .. as you well know)

> Update: this has gotten worst to the point where i decided to be homeless to escape from the noise. I truly believe if i don't find a cure for this i will commit suicide. This is even worst then just having regular SA where you can escape to your own room. There is noises every where i go even though i'm homeless, like it can't be escaped.
I think thats a very good idea, as you can gain a break from current enviroment, which clearly you are in urgent need of. Just realise that wherever YOU go, your PROBLEMS will generally tag along (such as your noise issues) & will resurface at some point sooner or later .. so i think it's more that you'd can never escape YOURSELF more so than escaping the noises. you could keep moving from place to place like a drifter, but stuff will always catch up with you in the end, if you dont address them adequately.

But in general, my best advice would be to try to keep stress levels down as much as you can (ie live healthy, eat healthy, etc), as in my experience stress/health has a MAJOR effect on how one reacts to the things/experiences/sensory that life throws at you.

Good luck.

elephant99

Update: this has gotten worst to the point where i decided to be homeless to escape from the noise. I truly believe if i don't find a cure for this i will commit suicide. This is even worst then just having regular SA where you can escape to your own room. There is noises every where i go even though i'm homeless, like it can't be escaped.

I am so sorry you're going through this. Please don't hurt yourself. Do you have access to mental health services? I know you are suffering and it seems like you can't escape it and it will never get better, but with help it can. You deserve help. don't be afraid to reach out to whoever you can

Xion

When they make sound simultaneously to your actions. Do you sometimes get mad and think they are doing it intentionally? I sometimes get very mad and start saying bad things in my mind.

Yeah, I did get mad at them. And I do think they are doing it intentionally. I also do say bad things in my mind like what the ***** is their problem.

Moses199

Yeah, I did get mad at them. And I do think they are doing it intentionally. I also do say bad things in my mind like what the ***** is their problem.

I'm starting to think the reason why it why this fear doesn't go away even if though i do extensive exposure is because i mad alot at them. But it's hard not getting mad because sometimes i'm having a bad day over something else which makes it easier to lose control and get mad. But i'm doing the process again.

As far as a know, rational thinking can not beat a phobia,
let”s remember a phobia is an irrational fear,
so, it is like giving instructions in englihs to someone who just speaks chinese
(An apology for grammar mistakes my english level is not good)
I am worry about you.

I have HOCD whatever sensation I get (even if it is very sutle)
my mind lingers it with the fear of turning homosexual!
or if there is a drop in sexual desire, same thing, ocd lingers it with the fear
that I mención above, etc. it is a lot of suffering I understand

Are you afraid of harming, them somehow with your energy?
are you afraid that people can percieve your "bad" energy?
What is your fear?
let"s say they can feel your energy, what"s wrong with that?

Moses199 Quote: What kind of things you used to distract yourserlf?

It looks like an ocd case your mind lingers events with fears
Distraction won”t work, that"s not the problem
you have to atack the root.
I think it has to do with the meaning we give to events.

Last edited:
FACT
• Evidence to support its truth
• Undisputed
• Driven by rational thought Head

OPINION
• Based upon a belief or personal view
(Varies according to individuals' knowledge, experience, culture, belief systems etc)
• Arguable - open to disagreement
• Driven and reinforced by emotion Heart

source: Fact or Opinion?

you can visit this site: ocdla .com /ocd article

Last edited:

Moses199

Are you afraid of harming, them somehow with your energy?
are you afraid that people can perceive your "bad" energy?
What is your fear?
let"s say they can feel your energy, what"s wrong with that?
No, my fear isn't that i might harm them with my energy. It's that if i make any action, they will make an action at simultaneous time as my action because my nervous energy stimulates their actions. By "simultaneous time" i meant exact time as my action, not them copying/imitating my action.

Yes i do believe people can perceive it subconsciously without them being consciously aware of it. My fear is that since they can subconsciously feel my nervous energy, then they will know any type of actions i'm going to do (walk through a door, move some part of my body, just about any type of action) therefore they will make a simultaneous time action that i can precieve (sound or move their bodies).

For example, if i'm emittting nervous energy and i'm sitting next to someone. My fear is that if i sligtly move my leg (or any other action i do) they will SIMULTANEOUSLY scratch their chin (or any other action they can do).

This problem doesn't just work with only one of my senses (noise), but with seeing people's body movement (sight),

SOUND
Example: If i'm in a coffe shop, fear could be if i scratch my ear (or any other action), someone is going to click their pencil at simultaneous time, or make any other sound that i can hear.

SIGHT
Example: If i'm in the bus, fear could be if i move my arm(or any other action), i might see someone move their feet at simultaneous time

Last edited:

Sacrament

You just have to realize how little sense it all makes, and start to dismantle that time bomb. You're afraid of something that doesn't exist as an actual thing people consider. Even if people do some sort of action at the same time others do it, it has nothing to do with any sort of energy.

There could be a number of reasons why people do things at same time as you, but typically they'll all be selfish reasons (due to humans being self-centred creatures, just like animals are).

One possible "reason" that springs to mind is that they pick up your nervous energy/vibe, which makes them uncomfortable (nervous or anxious), and so they do something immediately to divert their attention from it, thereby pacifying themselves. :question:

Another, is that they don't like suddenly hearing a noise (made by you or anyone) when you/sby usually is totally quiet; it would feel like a "discrepancy". :question:

Another one, is due to not knowing you, nor ever having any social contact with you (?), they regard you as "non-friend" & therefore a "threat". And so whenever you make a noise, they feel "threatened" (by sby they don't trust), and they also :. feel a bit aggravated, so they make a noise themselves as a way of "defensive attack" against you. :question:

Last edited:

planetweirdo

This is even worst then just having regular SA where you can escape to your own room. There is noises every where i go even though i'm homeless, like it can't be escaped.

I suffer from OCD. One of my OCD fears is that if I enter a room and everything thing in the room don't look "just right" ( a book is placed on the table wrong etc.) than feel like I have to correct it. And if I can correct it (or move the object in a manner that feels just right) then I will start having thoughts about being delusional as if the reason that I can't get the room to look just right is because I'm not really in the room. The room is a delusion, and in realty I am really somewhere else maybe in an insane asylum strapped to a bed. This may sound ridicules to you, and it really is ridicules. but at the moment when I am having an OCD panic attack I feels very real.
So you want to know how I get over this irrational fear? I don't try to get over it. I give into it, because the more I fight it, the more I struggle to get those thoughts out of my head, the worst the thoughts actually get. Trying not to think about those thoughts causes me to think about those thoughts even more. So I have learned to just let those thoughts come and go. When I start thinking that I am delusional and nothing around me is real, I just say to myself "Oh well I guest I'm just delusional then". When I start having thoughts about the reality that I am living in not being real, I say to myself "Oh well I might as well enjoy what ever reality I 'm living in real or delusion".
Maybe that will help you. The next time you feel like someone is making a sound because they feel your nervous energy, maybe you can tell your self....

"Oh well they can feel my nervous energy."

"I send out nervous energy every time I move, but I can't go through life with out moving so I'm just going to have to send out nervous energy then"

"I guest you might as well call me Mr./Ms. negative energy person because creating nervous energy is what I do, and I don't care."

"Moving a round and making sounds is not an intentional act of malice, so I'm not responsible for any distress that my movements and sounds may cause people"

Last edited: