Are you INTP F or M?

INTP gender

• female

Votes: 51 46.4%
  • male

Votes: 59 53.6%

• Total voters

Aletheia

for INTP's especially female... could you please describe a little about yourself

I love learning. More than anything. I love new ideas and discussing them with people, tossing them up to see them sparkle. I love abstraction and theory and figuring out how things work and more importantly why. I love systemic wholes, and organize my inner world around them. I love analyzing how one concept arises from the last, and I often work things out on the fly from first principles rather than commit them to memory.

I'm visual rather than aural, holistic rather than linear. I love precision in thought and word. I love elegance in ideas and their representation. I love intellectual playfulness and games of all descriptions. I'm very good at pattern recognition and solving bounded problems. I love logic because it is something fundamental, something I can rely on.

I'm extremely tolerant because I always seek to understand a situation rather than to judge it. I've no respect for authority unless it proves itself worthy of respect. I admire craftsmanship but have little interest in material wealth per se. Pragmatic organization is a matter of self-discipline rather than something that comes naturally. I tend to flit from one idea to the next and one project to the next. But I'm likely to come back to the first idea, the first project with greater comprehension.

I'm haunted by the fear of failure, and spend endless amounts of time second-guessing myself. I suck at decision making, probably because I can generate ever more interpretations of a given situation and not know which one is right. I'm terrible at clothes shopping, I'm not a very girly girl. And I always feel out of my depth around people.

I'm a male INFJ which is in the same situation as female INTP's, having traits more traditionally associated with the opposite gender. Both types are rare and interesting to think about :)

I do sometimes feel uncomfortable with being INTP because it is so unfeminine. That said, I always secretly enjoyed being a female coder because we're so rare.

N0D

Banned
yeah i totally picked male cause im a guy without figuring out what the letter meant. if you want accurate results make a new poll and explain what the letters mean in the poll question. :)

w*n*c*a*m

It would be nice to know everyone's personality on this site. I think I'll go make another instead of interfering with the OP's thread.

w*n*c*a*m perhaps you could also learn from other personality types instead of only INTP. Learning about every type will also help you understand more about your own. If you want to build a car, but you only know how to make the engine work, you won't get very far.

Life is like a car. You learn about every piece, and once you know how to put it together, you drive it where you want to go.

The engine is a great starting place if you're into engines though. ;)

yeah, I've read already about other's personalities. Didn't mean to disregard the others. It's just that I am an INTP and wondering if we do really have similarities. So instead of just reading it from the personality datas, I wanna know it coming from my fellow INTP's :). P:)s, I wanna see if female INTP's are really that rare and if it does hassle them a bit since INTP's are considered as a male trait. :)

w*n*c*a*m

I love learning. More than anything. I love new ideas and discussing them with people, tossing them up to see them sparkle. I love abstraction and theory and figuring out how things work and more importantly why. I love systemic wholes, and organize my inner world around them. I love analyzing how one concept arises from the last, and I often work things out on the fly from first principles rather than commit them to memory.

I'm visual rather than aural, holistic rather than linear. I love precision in thought and word. I love elegance in ideas and their representation. I love intellectual playfulness and games of all descriptions. I'm very good at pattern recognition and solving bounded problems. I love logic because it is something fundamental, something I can rely on.

I'm extremely tolerant because I always seek to understand a situation rather than to judge it. I've no respect for authority unless it proves itself worthy of respect. I admire craftsmanship but have little interest in material wealth per se. Pragmatic organization is a matter of self-discipline rather than something that comes naturally. I tend to flit from one idea to the next and one project to the next. But I'm likely to come back to the first idea, the first project with greater comprehension.

I'm haunted by the fear of failure, and spend endless amounts of time second-guessing myself. I suck at decision making, probably because I can generate ever more interpretations of a given situation and not know which one is right. I'm terrible at clothes shopping, I'm not a very girly girl. And I always feel out of my depth around people.

I do sometimes feel uncomfortable with being INTP because it is so unfeminine. That said, I always secretly enjoyed being a female coder because we're so rare.

You really sound like a typical INTP :). I do agree, I'm not the type who just judge something so easily without knowing facts and details or getting to see the other side of the story. I do am fond of logic. That's one of my strength and weakness as well. When it comes to analyzing problems, I can be good at weighting things and finding the cause. But some people complain that I overanalyze things, it's like there's the obvious but because I always consider other possibilities, I just make stuffs more complicated. lol. And that makes me indecisive most of the time. Because same as you, I'm afraid to fail and I wanna make sure that my final decision should be the best. And yeah, I'm not a girly girl too. :p

Interesting. Keep it coming people :)

w*n*c*a*m

yeah i totally picked male cause im a guy without figuring out what the letter meant. if you want accurate results make a new poll and explain what the letters mean in the poll question. :)

lol. I haven't thought of that possibility. Maybe because I anticipated that those who know that they are INTP's are the only ones who would make sense of this poll and answer it.

w*n*c*a*m

Oooh! thank you so much for posting that link! :D I just got my result after taking the test: I'm ... Ta-da! INTP! It was actually pretty fun answering those questions or at least choosing from the list given. I've just gained more insights of how I prefer to do things. I've always been into flexibility in schedules, open-ended tasks, starting projects rather than finishing (some of them are spot on!)... just to name a few. Before I even saw the results, I wasn't expecting to get anything close to what I had last time, which was INFP, as long as I have at least one of them changed. And so, I think this test seems to describe me a little bit better in my opinion than INFP. Questions that aren't that difficult to choose answers from are usually the ones that seem to easily draw line between me as a Thinker or a Feeler. I think sometimes I can rely more on my own intellect as opposed to others and realising that I am much more independent than dependent and tend to be less emotional or dramatic in most situations.

Tell me more about yourself then? hobbies, interests, how you deal with people, conflicts, academics, likes, fears, have you been told that you're kind'a boyish or not the girly girl type... those stuffs and more

Kiwong

There was a course at work which involved filling out a Myers Briggs questionaire. I refused to complete it, I placed the waste of paper in the recycle bin and I left the course at morning tea to do more productive work back in the office. There were several questions that were irrelevant to the way I live my life and those that I considered an invasion of my privacy. The whole thing was the biggest business management orientated load of weasel speak I have ever witnessed. I guess that puts me in the subversive category.

Last edited: