Are you happy you are yourself?

Are you happy you are yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

Feathers

I'm not in the least bit happy with myself. Disorders aside, I don't even like my personality to be honest.

Well Pips, we still like you. Tough luck.

Allegedly if you don't love yourself, no-one will love you. That really rings true for me
I think that is only half-truth. People can still like (or love) you even if you don't particularly like yourself.
It's easier if you do like/love yourself cause then you won't question other people's sanity for liking you all the time. :)

It's also usually not exactly 'black or white' - you can like some aspects of you, and others can like some aspects of you... sometimes these aspects match, sometimes they don't... you can be more concentrated on your flaws, while other people also see your good points. Or may just appreciate someone to be by their side...

People with sa are often way stricter about themselves and have way higher standards for own behaviour than other people...

What you don't like you can still change, or at least work on. Sometimes these things can be a lifetime endeavour. And just working on things is often appreciated.

'Love' is a strong word, and can have many meanings... So I think 'like' or 'appreciate' is easier to achieve to start with... :) 'Love' can also mean 'enthusiasm' and 'energy'... and I bet there are times when people are enthusiastic about you and when life is good and you're enthusiastic about you and your life too...

Loving yourself all the time means also accepting one's flaws and imperfections, and other people's... Noone is 'perfect' all the time... So this can be quite an achievement too...

HeadFace

I think that is only half-truth. People can still like (or love) you even if you don't particularly like yourself.
It's easier if you do like/love yourself cause then you won't question other people's sanity for liking you all the time. :)

It's also usually not exactly 'black or white' - you can like some aspects of you, and others can like some aspects of you... sometimes these aspects match, sometimes they don't... you can be more concentrated on your flaws, while other people also see your good points. Or may just appreciate someone to be by their side...

People with sa are often way stricter about themselves and have way higher standards for own behaviour than other people...

What you don't like you can still change, or at least work on. Sometimes these things can be a lifetime endeavour. And just working on things is often appreciated.

'Love' is a strong word, and can have many meanings... So I think 'like' or 'appreciate' is easier to achieve to start with... :) 'Love' can also mean 'enthusiasm' and 'energy'... and I bet there are times when people are enthusiastic about you and when life is good and you're enthusiastic about you and your life too...

Loving yourself all the time means also accepting one's flaws and imperfections, and other people's... Noone is 'perfect' all the time... So this can be quite an achievement too...

Lol, I agree with all of this. Even though I'd rather be someone else. I like the fact that I'm a very open person. I like that I'm an atheist. And I like the size of my penis.

I dont like that I'm not extroverted or outgoing or very social. I also dont like that I can be very clingy even though I'm always self-aware and try to fix it, I found myself clinging onto someone a while ago. And more that I dont feel like listing.

And yeah. I really always overthink everything I get myself into, and want to act perfectly so I dont scare others away.

EscapeArtist

Actually yes, I'm extremely happy that I am me. I think defining what one is has been really messed up in society. If people were to be able to see themselves without their defenses, and people felt healthy and alive without environmental factors messing with their bodies and minds, nearly everybody would love being themselves, nearly everybody loves themselves if they can find themself

U

userremoved

Thanks Feathers

Actually yes, I'm extremely happy that I am me. I think defining what one is has been really messed up in society. If people were to be able to see themselves without their defenses, and people felt healthy and alive without environmental factors messing with their bodies and minds, nearly everybody would love being themselves, nearly everybody loves themselves if they can find themselves

Im not sure what you mean.

alwaysrunning

Who else would i be? Even if i change my appearance, hairstyle, gain/lose weight im still myself. We are born with intrinsic characteristics we cannot change. The outward is moldable but we are stuck being who we are, why not be a bit narcissistic about being the best person out there. I know i am =)

EnigmatiConduit

Well i would love to look physically different... but i am who i am, the SA and other issues can change.. it's not who i am, however they have made me who i am today - good and bad.