Are you a virgin?

Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 349 63.1%
  • No

Votes: 204 36.9%

• Total voters

philly2bits

Just to clarify a bit: If I were a virgin by choice -- if it meant something to me -- then I wouldn't care. But as it is, it just serves as a reminder that I'm not very good with relationships. It's a reminder of all of the things I haven't had the pleasure (pun!) of experiencing.

So when people say "don't be ashamed," I think they just don't really understand the underlaying issue. It's not about sex. It's about a personal failure.

I can accept it, just like I accept SAD. But I don't have to like it.

I always assumed the issue was more about the perceived lack of achievement rather then the act itself. It goes in line with never having had a job before, or ever living on your own, etc. People seem to measure life in milestones, and if they miss one or skip some they may feel ashamed.

Juggalo

I always assumed the issue was more about the perceived lack of achievement rather then the act itself. It goes in line with never having had a job before, or ever living on your own, etc. People seem to measure life in milestones, and if they miss one or skip some they may feel ashamed.

I've never had a job or lived on my own, in addition to having never had sex or had a girlfriend. I may be 22 now but socially I'm still like 12 or 13. ::eek::

talisman

Just to clarify a bit: If I were a virgin by choice -- if it meant something to me -- then I wouldn't care. But as it is, it just serves as a reminder that I'm not very good with relationships. It's a reminder of all of the things I haven't had the pleasure (pun!) of experiencing.

So when people say "don't be ashamed," I think they just don't really understand the underlaying issue. It's not about sex. It's about a personal failure.

I can accept it, just like I accept SAD. But I don't have to like it.

I totally agree. I HATE being lumped in with those who choose to be virgins due to some IMO bizarre set of morals just as much as I hate being told not to worry, mostly by non-virgins. Being a virgin is mental torture. It's not just the inexperience and the feeling inferior...it's also the fact we're losing our youth when we should be out there enjoying ourselves. That to me is the worst thought of all.

PrettyBoy

An insensitive one? ::p:

I didn't meen it like that. I had problems with my nerves the first time but i overcame it because I kept trying and didn't give up. Anyone here can do it. Truth is if you want something that much then you can bring yourself to get it.

Juggalo

I didn't meen it like that. I had problems with my nerves the first time but i overcame it because I kept trying and didn't give up. Anyone here can do it. Truth is if you want something that much then you can bring yourself to get it.

lol. Wrong. Big time.

klytus

Don't you think thats irrational thinking?

With all positivity, he is right. It's not about willpower. It's about the right approach, basically. Some people here have to change their view of reality fundamentally - and that takes a lot of time and commitment. And given that they have to deal with crap on a daily basis, building up the strength to put said change into practice can be a hard thing to do.

mrb

all i can say about all this thread is ... people make a massive thing about being a virgin .. some feel ashamed , some feel like there really missing out on something , BUT i know men and women who have slept around an awfull lot .. and still there single cos they havent found the perfect partner .. sex dont make you long term happy just a quick fix to your needs at the time ... look at it this way if you are a virgin , who ever you meet that is looking for a proper relationship will respect you a lot for that ...

mrb

Sense of humor? What exactly are you implying? Are you implying that I be a liar or a Jezebel? I really am a virgin! Don't you doubt me! ;)

errr course not miss mod ::eek:: dont ban meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , cos i know you have the power .. bit .. cough ... to much power if you ask me , hey remember when you first became a mod , i said jokin wise give a woman a bit of power it goes straight to her head ... :rolleyes: i um was only jokin lol :D

mads

Yes I am and I could not care less about it. I cant really see why I should be thinking about it.

Myself

I voted 'Yes' on this months ago.. funny how things change. But 'No', not anymore. But the circumstances were bad, so I can't say I'm proud of it, tbh.