anyone walk trails alone?

Kiwong

I also spent a great day on a small boat exploring a creek this year. This was with other work colleagues and the company was good that day. We saw Sea Eagles nesting in an old tree, and about nine Glossy Black Cockatoos perched in a bloodwood. There was floodplain rainforest and freshwater wetlands. It was like I'd entered a more peaceful world for a while. A really wonderful day lived.

Sometimes what I see in nature makes my anxiety take a back seat.

Headlands at dawn and dusk are also my favourites. I never cease to be amazed by the earth expressing itself, revealing an incredible detail, to me its fortunate observer.

Last edited:

MikeyC

^ That's really awesome, Kiwong. And I would wager that it's not just you. Just being in various natural environments away from cities and iPhones and all that can make you happier. :)

Kiwong

I think so, MikeyC, there's something instinctive about being in nature that heals people. I reckon we lose touch with sunrises and sunsets in modern civilisations, they were meant to be seen.

I hunt alone, walking trails ans such, most of the time I'm a LONG way from people. I pay close attention to landmarks, North/South, etc. But I always carry a sports drink and some energy bars just in case of anything. You just have to remember to be safe, as in a broken ankle a couple miles from others could lead to a night spent in the woods so be safe. :thumbup:

noaalessi

I don't think that's strange at all. If you think about it, it's actually helping you get out of your comfort zone because there's always a tad of courage in walking alone. Ask any "normal" person if they'd do that and they'd answer "no ways. I ain't got the guts to do that", or just make up any other excuse.

So push yourself forward every day! Do what makes you happy, and grow with it at the same time.

Cheers!

sahxox

Literally half the people I know walk trails alone... I see it as perfectly normal. 4/5 people I pass are also alone... it's refreshing. I've never walked alone before last week... it is so nice up in the bush. The hill I climb you get a view of the entire city, whilst nestled in with the gumtrees and blue sky etc it's so pretty. You get the added bonus of being able to keep your own company and get lost in your thoughts. :)

Steiner

I don't live near any trails but if I could maybe. Though I'd get fearful of meeting strangers in the woods by myself.

Last edited:

ShadowCookie

No, absolutely not! I walk country trails all the time - I prefer going on my own. It's nice to get away and just soak up nature in a peaceful and quiet environment. I usually have my camera with me so I can snap some pics.