anyone rich and still lonley, problems?

Fighter86

Well, if I were rich, I certainly could go into therapy, but I am not so I couldn't. In fact, I'm saving pretty hard, because I want to have some money to fall back on should I go back to school, or want to do other things, and if I want to save, it means I can't go shopping much, which at this moment is my only pleasure because really, I don't have anyone to go to movies with, or just hang out and do things, I'm pretty much alone and shopping at least makes me feel sort of good when I can buy things.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

My family is struggling finacially at the moment, so being rich would certainly help.

You can still be rich and be very, very lonely. There's no doubt about that... The only difference is that you'd be wearing fancy clothes and living in an awesome house.

WelshOne

They say money can't buy you happiness. I think that's true.

It can win you little victories over your confidence, I suppose, because you'll have nice clothes, shoes, car etc, but in the end there'll always be something you feel self conscious about.

Also, you'd probably be wondering if the only reason people want to be your friend is because of your money... which would be depressing and destructive to your confidence I would imagine.

raylite

Money sure makes things easier, I can concentrate on doing things I really enjoy without having to worry about working 9-4 job and paying the rent. In a way it does make me happier, though I don't think its the ultimate way to happiness and self actualization.

Fairy001

I think if we have basics, food, warmth, water and comfort, being rich is an emotional value.

Money worries are a huge stress, but I do not think no money worries means no problems. Look at Michael Jackson!

Peace

fedupoffear88

Money is definitely not the thing that gets you happiness, atleast not for long. Yeah in our cases, i wud most definitely go for therapy to a professional well known and successful in the field, if i had the money....::(:

Jannah

Banned
I wish I had more money, of course it wouldn't make things perfect. But I would be able to afford therapy since I don't have any medical insurance, probably upgrade my computer, buy a new car, travel, and eat a whole lot more lol. It would definitely make me happier but I would probably still be friendless and lonely, and don't even get me started with what might happen if I was rich and women only wanted to be with me for my money.

If I had the money I'd be traveling all over the world doing crazy shit just because I can instead of being stuck in one place working a 9-5 job with the same boring routines everyday.

PhantomPod

If I had the money I'd be traveling all over the world doing crazy shit just because I can instead of being stuck in one place working a 9-5 job with the same boring routines everyday.
That's exactly what I'd do. I'd travel all around the world and see everything I've been wanting to see. Yeah, I wouldn't have any friends to travel with, but I'd take my parents and we'd have fun.

I really don't think money is the complete solution, as you can still be rich and shy and lonely.

Fighter86

Traveling, as mentioned by many is a good choice I think. I would love to travel more extensively. If I were rich, I might still keep my day job so at least I get some human interaction, but then, outside of work hours, I would be able to do lots of fun stuff like traveling, of course it would probably be alone or just with family, but it'll still be more fun than being broke and not be able to do anything.

Illusions

Money can't buy you happiness, no... but it certainly helps. I'm pretty sure I'd be at least a little happier with more money. I'd get to travel the world and go for therapy, for starters.

mismeek

I saw the name of the thread and thought there was a lonely rich guy here..lmao i was going to say Hey I'll be your friend...*wink* :p