anyone play any instruments?

ff5fan19

if so how long have you played? what genre of music do you play?
I play the guitar, piano, mandolin, and am still learning the cajon which is really fun and an anxiety reliever. I've been playing the paino since I was 4, guitar since I was 13 and mandolin since I was 16 but am not that good. and like I said i'm still learning the cajon. the genre I play is rocknroll, punk, metal, Christian metal, Christian pop.

dannyboy65

I play the drums, guitar, bass, and do some vocals if that counts. I've been playing bass since I was 14, drums since 18, vocals since 14 and guitar since 13 (I don't play much guitar). I mostly play metal and do screaming vocals. I'm not amazing at the instruments but I just experiment with sounds and have a blast doing so.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Start off playing drums but then switched to guitar when I was 14. Used play a bit a bass, but ma timing really suck (need to buy a metronome :bigsmile:) Recently ah've attempted tae learn the mandolin. And considering buy an' learnin' the banjo.

In terms of genres, I mainly play metal, punk, alternative rock, blues and post-rock. Oh! And a wee bit of country/bluegrass.

For me, not only is it fun, and stop ma anxiety briefly, but it makes me feel like ah can actually do something right when ah pick up an instrument. I don't feel anything but bliss. The only time I feel anxious playing any instrument is when somebuddy's watchin' while I'm playin' a song, or just making up riffs.

squidgee

I used to play piano and trumpet. People would get surprised when I told them I played trumpet because I was so quiet and trumpets are loud.

Zaki

I play keys. Started playing when I was around 11. I really enjoy playing around with digital music software. I like experimenting with various genres of music including jazz, jazz hop, techno, broken beat, ambient, bossa nova, and lounge.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I play the kazoo.

And the spoons.

And I'm partial to a bit of thigh slapping. When I'm feeling really outrageous I might even go for some finger tapping.

;)

Kaekae

I used to play the violin but quit in my second year of high school. I wish I hadn't have quit and I wish my mom was more supportive by encouraging me to keep it up.