anyone here who belive in buddhism?

hd27

I'm suffering a lot due to depression and anxity. I have diagnosed as a bordeliner. I'm from an asian country. I was suffering from suicidal thoughts since I was 13. and i never done any extra curricular activities in school. I was bullied too when I was at school. I always wanted to be a taller when I was a kid and my parents ignored that. they only wanted to take me to a psychologist cz of my horrible behaviour. I everyday threw all the households at home and crush them and yelled until my throat blast. then at 20 I took medication and therapy for depression, then worked for a hotel but had problems with colleagues and had abusive 3 relationships. those people only for taking advantage me and took sexual plesure. on my last working place they fired me. as i told the hr I was suffering from borderline. now I'm back at my home country but now I again feeling due to my short stature I feel I'm so unattractive, and I'm so upset and angry with me for not doing any sports at schooling and I felt I was become short cz I didnt do any sports at school also I hate my parents like hell cz they ignored me and they didnt give me any money for me when I was at school for private sports classes as well as they didnt encourage me. and I'm so upset when my colleagues picking me for my height. now i want to do a leg lengthening or commit suicide even people in every religion say people who commit suicide go to the hell. but I have read about reincarnation book from edgar cayce. and ther are 2 incidents peopel have born again even if they commit suicide. I really want to know from a person who knows buddhism really well what happen to people who commit suicide? will they go to the hell and then they will born again as humans? I took medicine from my country for disease then I stopped it and now I'm feeling a really heaviness my head. a feeling which I can't bare. its inside my head and i want to get away from it killing me. i know medicine or therapy doesnt work for me. cz I am so upset about me and my parents and and I dont want to live my life as a short stature person. and it gives me suicidal thoughts. my psychologists said accept myself. but I never cant do that. sorry for my bad English. I dont need advice. I feel its ok even to become a ghost. :kickingmyself:

Flanscho

If someone commits suicide in anger, he may be reborn in a sorrowful realm due to negative final thoughts. However, unlike Christianity and other religions, Buddhism does not condemn suicide, but rather states that the reasons for suicide are often negative and thus counteract the path to enlightenment.

Just quoting here. I'm Atheist myself, so I don't believe in any sort of existence after death.

hd27

Thanks for reply. I will do it cz of regret and sadness, I also heard if someone do it in anger he'll born in low realm.

jaim38

I am not Buddhist but I do practice meditation and some of its teachings.

I used to feel bad about my height too. I used to see many tall people at my high school (particularly the younger ones) and I envy them for being so tall and fit. I started exercising and running in hopes that I could grow maybe an inch or 2 taller.

But I eventually got over it. The key is learning to accept yourself for who you are. Ask yourself why do you want to be tall in the first place? Is it so that you can feel more powerful, more attractive for women? Are you doing this to please others?

MollyBeGood

I am really attracted to Buddhism, I don't believe in reincarnation but I really enjoy the way it teaches you to control your mind so you can live in peace more. As far as a "religion" goes Buddhism is the best thing I have found that suits me. I really like Zen Buddhism the best of any of the schools. It's funny about reincarnation, I was watching this amazing video about the process and it made me feel really happy to be alive when I imagined myself believing in it. I will find that video it is great...I have watched it a few times.

here it is :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWZoId-dZQ&list=PLaErndMcoU4y-VbSdnTi3DlfFLNyvDDEJ&index=68

I am sorry you feel so bad about your height and your relationship with your parents. Try to realize everyone has issues with their bodies and there is always many people who would love to have your life compared to theirs. Try to be thankful for what you HAVE instead of depressed about what you don't have. Gratitude works wonders for me.

Last edited:

hd27

I used to feel bad about my height too. I used to see many tall people at my high school (particularly the younger ones) and I envy them for being so tall and fit. I started exercising and running in hopes that I could grow maybe an inch or 2 taller.

But I eventually got over it. The key is learning to accept yourself for who you are. Ask yourself why do you want to be tall in the first place? Is it so that you can feel more powerful, more attractive for women? Are you doing this to please others?

:sad:

I'm a buddhist and I have tried to do meditation. but I can do it only 2 or 3 mintutes. then it automatically stops. anyway I'm going to attend meditation classes I think at least it will help me release my heaviness in the head. I scold my parents last night continously like 2 hours. now my head is like I booze last night. cz i stressed myself as well as them.

I'm not a teenager and I'm
27 so I know except limb lengthening I can't do anything to change my height. and I was a really fool I never knew when I was a teenager, that height stops at 19 or 21. and my parents didn't help me to do anything regarding that. now its not easy to accept myslef as I'm not in acceptable height. I'm just 4 feet and 11 inches.

so I have decided to become athiest now. then i dont want to worry about negative karma. but anyway I will try meditation, instead of medicine. I took 2 medicines for borderline then I gained weight now i feel I look like a "log" or "pig" and I feel more suicidal after taking medicine too

anyyway thanks for reply

Last edited:

hd27

:bigsmile:

and i don't think, feeling bad about means envy at others. I just regret and sad about me and my life
I am not doing it to please others. I'm doing it to to please me. to fit into some clothes, not to rejecting from waitering jobs.(even for waitering jobs these days they are asking some certain height) and when I see my short limbs I think they are so ugly. anyway its so easy to tell others do this do that. accept this. I have read in the blogs some people crying over for 2 inches like you. but they are already 5 feet 10 or 6 feet. they are so unfair. there is big difference of them and people like me.

and my lover dumped me and his new lover is taller than me. I just miss my lovers blue eyes.

Last edited:

hd27

I am really attracted to Buddhism, I don't believe in reincarnation but I really enjoy the way it teaches you to control your mind so you can live in peace more. As far as a "religion" goes Buddhism is the best thing I have found that suits me. I really like Zen Buddhism the best of any of the schools. It's funny about reincarnation, I was watching this amazing video about the process and it made me feel really happy to be alive when I imagined myself believing in it. I will find that video it is great...I have watched it a few times.

here it is :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWZoId-dZQ&list=PLaErndMcoU4y-VbSdnTi3DlfFLNyvDDEJ&index=68

I am sorry you feel so bad about your height and your relationship with your parents. Try to realize everyone has issues with their bodies and there is always many people who would love to have your life compared to theirs. Try to be thankful for what you HAVE instead of depressed about what you don't have. Gratitude works wonders for me.

thanks. 2nd video is really funny :bigsmile:

SilentBird

Right-thinking appeals to me, when you have a thought and you know it's right and you feel lighter.